Hopkins Out of Cadwell Park BSB
BSB - Cadwell Park
Samsung Crescent Racing has confirmed that John Hopkins will not ride at Cadwell Park this weekend, the ninth round of the 2011 British Superbike Championship. The injury to his right hand is healing well but doctors advise it is insufficiently healed to enable Hopkins to race again so soon. The team has also confirmed that there will not be a replacement rider standing in for Hopkins. Jon Kirkham will be their sole representative on track.
Jack Valentine, team manager:
"Unfortunately Hopper's hand is not healed enough to race this weekend, and while this is disappointing to us and the fans it is the right decision when we consider the upcoming Showdown phase of the championship.
"Hopper's been in daily contact as he's undergone intensive laser treatment and hyperbaric chamber sessions. He's explained the external pins are expected to be removed on Wednesday, but of course the weekend is too soon after that for his hand to be sufficiently healed.
"We will, we suspect, lose a few podium points to our rivals in the Showdown, but to race a superbike at a track such as this when you don't have 100% strength in your throttle and brake hand is simply too dangerous both to the rider and his competitors and would only stand to slow Hopper's recovery from the injury.
"The team will nonetheless be at very near full-strength as we look forward to giving Jon Kirkham additional resources for the weekend. He'll have two crew chiefs working for him as well as his regular crew of mechanics and we hope this will fast track his set-up, allowing him to get back to where he belongs, at the front of the field."
- 18.04.2014 : Leduc Focused On Pro 4 Competition For Lake Elsinore | LOORRS - Lake Elsinore, CA
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview