Honda Red Riders Score Valuable Points at Daytona
AMA Supercross - Daytona Beach, FL
To help celebrate its sponsorship of the Daytona Supercross by Honda, Honda hosted a Kick-Off party Friday evening. Team Honda Muscle Milk riders along with the other Honda racing stars came out to Honda's main display area for a meet and greet with fans and an autograph session. It was an impressive list of riders in attendance including: Team Honda Muscle Milk's Trey Canard, Justin Barcia, Cole Seely, and Muscle Milk-supported GEICO Honda riders Eli Tomac, Wil Hahn, Justin Bogle and Matt Bisceglia.
After being sidelined for two weeks, Team Honda Muscle Milk's Justin Barcia returned to battle Saturday aboard his CRF450R.
It was a roller-coaster night for Barcia, who rebounded from three crashes in practice to finish third in his heat race. In the main event, he nabbed a top-10 start and was in a heated battle for fifth when he was involved in a crash with another rider. He ultimately finished 12th.
Team Honda Muscle Milk fill-in rider Cole Seely transferred to the main event via a second-place finish in his semi-qualifying race. He got off the line to a less-than-desirable start and spent the entire 20-lap race battling through the field to finish 11th.
Wil Hahn put together another impressive ride aboard his Muscle Milk-sponsored GEICO Honda CRF450R, charging his way from 17th to sixth. "I feel like I should have gotten better than sixth, but when you start that far back it's what you have to settle for," explained Hahn. "I felt like I rode really good and could've gotten up to fourth or fifth but wasted too much time at the beginning. I was able to stay calm though and keep my head down while coming through the field."
Teammate Eli Tomac was unable to compete after injuring his shoulder in the final practice.
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. was established in 1959 and is the sole distributor of Honda motorcycles, scooters, ATVs and side-by-sides in the U.S. The American Honda Motorcycle Division is responsible for the sales, marketing, and operational activities for these products through authorized Honda dealers.
About Muscle Milk®
Muscle Milk® Ready-to-Drink is a protein-enhanced functional beverage that promotes workout recovery, lean muscle growth, and sustained energy. Muscle Milk takes the guesswork out of high performance nutrition, delivering a precise blend of premium proteins, complex carbohydrates, functional fats, vitamins & minerals. CytoSport™, the maker of Muscle Milk®, is among the largest sport nutrition protein beverage companies in the U.S. and offers a complete line of protein-enhanced powders, shakes and bars. Muscle Milk® was named Ready-to-Drink Beverage of the Year by bodybuilding.com, Best Functional Beverage and Beverage of the Year by BevNet and Company of the Year by Beverage Forum presented by Beverage Marketing Corporation and Beverage World.
- 22.04.2015 : Alise Post Grabs 2nd at Manchester BMX | BMX - Manchester, England
- 21.04.2015 : Scott Dixon wins Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : CGRT Claims SportsCar Showcase Runner-Up Finish in Long Beach | SportsCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM Riders Excel In A Tough Hedley Round | Off-Road - Victoria, Australia
- 20.04.2015 : 'My Weekend Was…' With Cole Seely - Santa Clara SX Recap | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 20.04.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Shane McElrath’s Race Day in Santa Clara | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX