Home GP Podium for Bud Racing's Dylan Ferrandis in France
Motocross - Ernée, France
After three years in St Jean d’Angely the French GP was back in Ernée, an ‘old style’ circuit that suits perfectly to Dylan. With the full and noisy support of thousands of enthusiast fans, Dylan got his best ever GP result.
The French teenager had already proved his speed in qualification as he charged up the leader board to finish less than two seconds from victory and, after a superb start in the opening moto, maintained the pressure on world champion Herlings all the way to the chequered flag to the delight of the 39000 home fans. In the second race he moved quickly from an initial seventh place to take the lead on the sixth lap but a small slip one lap later dropped the teenager back to fifth place.
Undaunted he charged again to again finish second to secure second place on the day; the 44 points lifted the youngster two places in the championship standings to tenth.
In only his second GP for Bud Racing Jason Clermont raced to a starting fourth place in the qualification race on Saturday and again showed good speed in the GP motos. He raced through the pack to finish 16th in the first moto after stalling at the first corner and maintained a top ten placing throughout race two for his best-ever GP score.
“This is incredible. I have dreamt since I was a kid of getting on the podium at my home GP and today I did it! I had a perfect weekend with good starts and I was able to battle for the win in both races. In the first race I got close to Herlings, and it was already a great feeling to finish second. My second start was not quite as good and I was seventh at the start but then I passed all my rivals to take the lead but I made a mistake which dropped me to fifth before passing my rivals to finish second again which secured my second overall. Now I feel like the season has really started for me and I want more podiums.”
“I had a great qualifying race; I was third for most of the period, and finished fourth behind Dylan. Today in the first moto I stalled the engine in the first corner, but I still scored points with a sixteenth position. In the second race I had a good start and was eighth on the first lap. Lupino and Tixier passed me but tenth was a good result for me; I only started practising on the 250F one week ago, and I need some more training to adjust my riding style.”
- 22.04.2015 : Alise Post Grabs 2nd at Manchester BMX | BMX - Manchester, England
- 21.04.2015 : Scott Dixon wins Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : CGRT Claims SportsCar Showcase Runner-Up Finish in Long Beach | SportsCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM Riders Excel In A Tough Hedley Round | Off-Road - Victoria, Australia
- 20.04.2015 : 'My Weekend Was…' With Cole Seely - Santa Clara SX Recap | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 20.04.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Shane McElrath’s Race Day in Santa Clara | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX