Home GP Podium for Bud Racing's Dylan Ferrandis in France
Motocross - Ernée, France
After three years in St Jean d’Angely the French GP was back in Ernée, an ‘old style’ circuit that suits perfectly to Dylan. With the full and noisy support of thousands of enthusiast fans, Dylan got his best ever GP result.
The French teenager had already proved his speed in qualification as he charged up the leader board to finish less than two seconds from victory and, after a superb start in the opening moto, maintained the pressure on world champion Herlings all the way to the chequered flag to the delight of the 39000 home fans. In the second race he moved quickly from an initial seventh place to take the lead on the sixth lap but a small slip one lap later dropped the teenager back to fifth place.
Undaunted he charged again to again finish second to secure second place on the day; the 44 points lifted the youngster two places in the championship standings to tenth.
In only his second GP for Bud Racing Jason Clermont raced to a starting fourth place in the qualification race on Saturday and again showed good speed in the GP motos. He raced through the pack to finish 16th in the first moto after stalling at the first corner and maintained a top ten placing throughout race two for his best-ever GP score.
“This is incredible. I have dreamt since I was a kid of getting on the podium at my home GP and today I did it! I had a perfect weekend with good starts and I was able to battle for the win in both races. In the first race I got close to Herlings, and it was already a great feeling to finish second. My second start was not quite as good and I was seventh at the start but then I passed all my rivals to take the lead but I made a mistake which dropped me to fifth before passing my rivals to finish second again which secured my second overall. Now I feel like the season has really started for me and I want more podiums.”
“I had a great qualifying race; I was third for most of the period, and finished fourth behind Dylan. Today in the first moto I stalled the engine in the first corner, but I still scored points with a sixteenth position. In the second race I had a good start and was eighth on the first lap. Lupino and Tixier passed me but tenth was a good result for me; I only started practising on the 250F one week ago, and I need some more training to adjust my riding style.”
- 28.05.2015 : Eighth for Jerome Clementz in EWS#2 Ireland | Enduro MTB - Glenealy, Ireland
- 26.05.2015 : Austin Dillon Dominates Nascar Xfinity Race At Charlotte | NASCAR - Charlotte, NC
- 26.05.2015 : Juan Pablo Montoya Outduels Power To Indianapolis 500 Victory | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 26.05.2015 : TLD’s Nelson Makes First Podium Appearance at Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 25.05.2015 : Seely’s Hard Charging Earned the TLD Rider First Top-10 Finish in the 450 Class | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA