HMC / KTM Race Team Report
AMA Superbike - Millville, NJ
HMC/KTM Superbike Race Team rider Chris Fillmore returned to the AMA Pro Superbike Series for his third race of the season aboard his KTM 1190 RC8 R race bike in the developmental season for KTM and its Superbike effort.
The final round of the series was held at New Jersey Motorsports Park. Fillmore had a successful start to the weekend, qualifying 8th fastest leading into Saturday’s first race. He had a good start in Saturday’s race and was running 11th for the opening laps. Unfortunately, shortly into the race, Fillmore high-sided in a slick turn and ended his afternoon. Luckily uninjured, Fillmore returned to the pits to rest up for Sunday’s main race while his team quickly went to work to repair the bike.
In Sunday’s race, Fillmore got off to another good start and was again sitting in 11th position on the first lap. On lap two, Brett McCormick crashed in front of him resulting in a red flag race. McCormick was quickly helped up and the officials announced a full restart. On the restart, Fillmore got a good jump and was sitting in 9th. He fell to 12th in the first few laps and by the halfway point had dropped back to 15th. He quickly got back up to speed and passed into 14th. McCormick dropped out of the race on the next lap moving Fillmore to 13th. Fillmore made the pass for 12th and capitalized on Larry Pegram heading to the pit area to move into 11th. A lap later, Steve Rapp crashed allowing Fillmore to move into the top ten. When the leader, Tommy Hayden, crashed it moved Fillmore into a solid 9th place. He remained in 9th until the seventeenth lap where the bike suffered an electrical issue and he had to withdraw from the race. He was credited with 18th overall.
“I was feeling pretty good in Sunday’s race. I felt like my speed was consistent and I was improving with each lap and would have liked to finish inside the top ten,” remarked Fillmore. “Unfortunately we encountered an electrical problem which caused me to not finish the race. This is still our developmental year so we know we will be stronger when we return for a full season. I am really excited to be here and can’t thank my Team Manager Mitch Hansen, HMC Racing and KTM enough for giving me this opportunity.”
- 28.08.2014 : Unsung Hero: Fredrik Noren on the 2014 MX Season | AMA Motocross - RacerX Interview
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA