Henry Wiles Races to Victory in Springfield TT
AMA Flat Track - Springfield, IL
Since September 2007 they have not been able to come up with a configuration to stop Henry Wiles as he powered his Kawasaki USA / Lance & Ronnie Jones backed Kawasaki to his fourth consecutive win, two short tracks and now two TT's. Wiles had to be the pre race favorite as he set fast time in qualifying and followed that up with a dominating heat race win posting a time over six seconds faster than the other two heats.
When the green light flashed for the start of the twenty five lap National Wiles charged to the front. But Memphis Shades / Parts Unlimited's JR Schnabel was hot on his trail and when Wiles slipped wide in turn two Schnabel pounced on the slight miscue.
Defending Singles Champion Jake Johnson, making his first ride aboard the SuperTrapp's / Tucker Rocky Honda was in third with Pro Honda Oil / Rogers Lake Racing's Jared Mees and the Halbert brothers Jethro (Zanotti Racing / Motorex) and Sammy (Halbert Family Race Team) dueling over fourth.
At the start of lap five Jethro Halbert bit the dust in turn two, bringing out the red flag. When the race restarted Wiles grabbed the lead back and it looked like he would take full advantage of his second chance, bit Schnabel was not done and he retook the lead on lap nine.
Schnabel looked like he was ready to take control and notch his seventh win at this facility, but on lap seventeen Wiles reached into his bag of tricks and retook the lead. Sammy Halbert had made the most of the restart, settling into third a position he would hold all the way to the end. Jake Johnson did likewise in fourth.
For more information visit: www.amaproracing.com.
- 29.05.2015 : TLD Canada / Honda Canada / GDR Set To Bring Home Championship Titles | Motocross - Ontario Canda
- 28.05.2015 : Eighth for Jerome Clementz in EWS#2 Ireland | Enduro MTB - Glenealy, Ireland
- 26.05.2015 : Austin Dillon Dominates Nascar Xfinity Race At Charlotte | NASCAR - Charlotte, NC
- 26.05.2015 : Juan Pablo Montoya Outduels Power To Indianapolis 500 Victory | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 26.05.2015 : TLD’s Nelson Makes First Podium Appearance at Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 25.05.2015 : Seely’s Hard Charging Earned the TLD Rider First Top-10 Finish in the 450 Class | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN