Hancock's Stormer In Sweden
Speedway GP - Motala, Sweden
The Californian captains the USA against Team Great Britain, Australia and Italy at King’s Lynn on Saturday night. And none of his opponents will fancy coming up against the World Championship chaser, who dropped just two points to the visitors over six races.
His fellow Pirate Darcy Ward also showed he is ready to lead the Aussie challenge by bagging 13 paid 14. Danish international Bjarne Pedersen scored six as he prepares for his SWC return in Event 2 at Vastervik on Tuesday.
He meets a Swedish side featuring an in-form Tomas H Jonasson, who raced to 11 points for Vetlanda. Polish reserve Bartosz Zmarzlik topped the visitors’ scorechart on 13 paid 14.
Polish skipper Jaroslaw Hampel will be determined to find his best form for his next meeting – the Monster Energy SWC Final at Bydgoszcz on August 2. He managed only four points in Motala, but ended the night with a win over Ward and Hancock.
Rospiggarna knocked Vetlanda off the Elitserien summit after Swedish skipper Andreas Jonsson notched nine paid 12 in a thumping 55-35 victory over basement side Vastervik.
His efforts were trumped by a sensational 16 from Grzegorz Walasek and 12 paid 13 from Finnish star Timo Lahti. Team Great Britain racer Chris Harris weighed in with a useful eight paid 11, while Danish rider Mads Korneliussen scored six.
Polish hotshot Krzysztof Kasprzak tallied 10 paid 11 for the visitors, while fellow Leszno resident Przemyslaw Pawlicki added a straight 10.
But Danish star Hans Andersen will be keen to do better when he returns with Denmark next Tuesday after managing just four paid six. Sweden’s Peter Ljung recorded only four.
Triple world champ Nicki Pedersen strengthened his claim for a Monster Energy SWC Race Off or Final call-up for Denmark after storming to 16 as Dackarna defeated Smederna 46-43 in Malilla.
He was supported by 10 paid 11 from Finnish racer Joonas Kylmakorpi, but the victory came at a cost as Polish sensation Patryk Dudek withdrew with suspected ankle damage.
Grzegorz Zengota led the Smederna scoring on 11, while Davey Watt accrued nine paid 10.
In the day’s other meeting, Polish international Piotr Protasiewicz continued his stellar run of form with a 12-point maximum as Indianerna thrashed Vargarna 56-34 in Kumla. Danish ace Niels-Kristian Iversen added 11, while Freddie Lindgren notched nine.
Peter Kildemand raced to nine for the Wolves, while Adrian Miedzinski and Pontus Aspgren collected eight. Aussie Jason Doyle scored just two.
Click here for full details of the day’s results, scorers, the latest league table and news from Britain, Poland and Denmark.
- 04.05.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Cole Seely’s Race Day in Las Vegas | AMA Supercross - Las Vegas, NV
- 04.05.2015 : McElrath Shows Off New TLD SE Air Racewear in Las Vegas | AMA Supercross - Las Vegas, NV
- 01.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Launches All New SE Air Racewear | Product - Corona, CA
- 30.04.2015 : 2015 Marks a Different King of Year for Long | World Endurance Championship
- 29.04.2015 : TLD’s Cole Seely Claims Fifth Podium of Rookie Season | AMA Supercross - East Rutherford, NJ
- 29.04.2015 : McElrath’s 450SX Debut Nearly Garners a Top-10 Finish | AMA Supercross - East Rutherford, NJ
- 22.04.2015 : Alise Post Grabs 2nd at Manchester BMX | BMX - Manchester, England
- 21.04.2015 : Scott Dixon wins Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : CGRT Claims SportsCar Showcase Runner-Up Finish in Long Beach | SportsCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM Riders Excel In A Tough Hedley Round | Off-Road - Victoria, Australia