Hahn finishes 4th, Seely grabs holeshot, finishes 5th in SF
AMA Supercross - San Francisco, CA
Just one week after standing on the podium, the Troy Lee Designs/ Lucas Oil/ Honda team remained solid and steady in the City by the Bay this weekend with fourth and fifth place finishes in the main event.
Wil Hahn worked hard for his results this weekend. A crash in one of the practice sessions left him sore but he was determined to back up his Anaheim 2 second place finish. Unfortunately, a bad start in his heat race led to a fifth in the heat and a tenth gate pick in the main event. He didn't get the jump he needed in the main event either and exited the first turn deep in the pack. By the time the checkered flag dropped he had clawed his way all the way back towards the front to for a hard fought fourth place finish.
"This definitely wasn't where I wanted to be tonight," commented Wil after the race. "I know I have the speed to be racing for wins. I need to figure a few things out with my starts and then it's going to be on. Hopefully next weekend in San Diego I can make it happen."
"My start was great; that's what I've been waiting for all year," said Cole of his holeshot. "I had a hard time adjusting to how loose and slippery the track was. Every time I tried to push harder I just made more mistakes. It was pretty frustrating to watch the first few guys inch away from me but I definitely learned from it. I should have made a few changes to my setup and I think that would have helped. I'm still happy with the way the night went."
Both Wil and Cole were wearing special gear and helmets at San Francisco, featuring Haitian flags. The gear and helmets are currently up for auction, with 100% of the proceeds going directly to the American Red Cross to help the relief effort for those devastated by the recent earthquake in Haiti. TLD would like to remind supercross fans to help give aid to people in need.
The Troy Lee Designs/ Lucas Oil/ Honda team now heads south to Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego for the fifth round of the series. Both Wil and Cole have the podium in their sights and hope to be standing on the top step at the night's conclusion next Saturday. Come see our riders in the pits and pick up one of the team's custom posters.
The Troy Lee Designs Lucas Oil Honda race team would like to thank all of the companies that have supported our racing efforts over the years. They include Lucas Oil, American Honda, Red Bull, PPG, Wings for Life, Alpinestars, Avia, Couts Heating and Cooling, Dunlop, Epic Action Video Cam, Leatt Brace, McQueen Racing, Oakley, Pacific Collision, Pro Circuit, Rossignol, Santa Cruz, Selle Italia, Skullcandy, All Sport Dynamics, Cycra, Fasthouse, Flexfit, Hinson Clutch, Hot Wheels, Kahne Racing, Light Speed, Muc-Off, N Style, Nameplate, ODI, Primm, QTM, Renthal, RK Chain, Excel, Twin Air, Vasser Racing and VP Racing.
- 18.12.2014 : Tis The Season With Colton Facciotti | Rider Support - Canada
- 17.12.2014 : TLD Canada Amateur Profile: Hayden Wolff | Rider Support - Prince George, BC, Canda
- 10.12.2014 : Privateer Profile: Ross Johnson | International - Canada
- 09.12.2014 : Scott Dixon Returns To TCGR for 2015 IndyCar Series | IndyCar Series
- 19.11.2014 : Interview: Troy Lee | Company
- 11.11.2014 : Redmond and Graffunder Take on Ukupacha in Ecuador | Enduro - Ukupacha, Ecuador
- 10.11.2014 : USA Got Hold of Junior Trophy Victory in Argentina | Off-Road - San Juan, Argentina
- 06.11.2014 : Mitchell DeJong Clinches 2014 GRC Lites Championship | Global Rallycross Lites - Las Vegas, NV
- 05.11.2014 : Behind The Scenes with Kiwi Indycar Champ Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 04.11.2014 : Lusty Industries Opens In New Zealand | Newcastle, NSW Australia