Graffunder Takes WORCS Podium Again!
WORCCS - Corona, CA
Husqvarna’s Cory Graffunder rode to another podium finish at the eighth round of the World Off Road Championship Series (WORCS), finishing third at the newly added Pala round in Southern California. With just two rounds remaining, his third place keeps him within sight of the PRO 2 Championship, of which he is seven points behind.
“Today was one of those races you are just happy to get behind you,” Cory explained. “My Husky worked great, but the course was just a really long motocross track. There wasn’t much off-road to it. My goal was to finish as strong as possible and salvage as many points as I could.”
The addition of the Pala event was a mid-season changeup as the WORCS series was unable to secure the resources to safely host the Gorman, California event. After carding a respectable finish on one of this year’s faster courses, Cory looks forward to a more technical track at Anza where he hopes to close up the points chase.
“I really excel in the tight difficult events,” Graffunder said. “The next round has the potential to be a bit tighter, so I am hoping to use it to take over the championship lead. I plan to come out strong in Anza!”
Cory returns to racing at the ninth round of the WORCS series on Sunday, August 12 at Cahuilla Creek MX Park in Anza, California.
For more information on the entire 2012 Husqvarna line-up, please go to www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com. Head to your nearest dealership to pick up a copy of the 2012 RiDE MORE Catalog, available now!
Be sure to follow Team Husqvarna on Facebook or via Twitter @HusqvarnaNA.
Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
Husqvarna Motorcycles, a part of the BMW Group since October 2007, are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Varese, Italy since 1987.
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC is part of BMW (US) Holding Corp. BMW Group’s sales headquarters for North, Central and South America is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. Husqvarna has continued to expand its professional race team to compete in AMA National Enduro, GNCC, EnduroCross, the AMA Western Hare Scrambles Series and WORCS championships. Husqvarna team riders are competing aboard 2012 Husqvarna TC250, TXC250, TXC310 and TXC511 off-road models.
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 20.08.2015 : Gibbs On Verge of Clinching National MX1 Crown | MX Nationals - Australia
- 19.08.2015 : Mountain Biker Brandon Semenuk’s unReal Video: Long Shot Pays Off | Freeride MTB
- 18.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Collects Eighth Top-10 Finish at Utah National | AMA Pro Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 18.08.2015 : TLD’s Noren Starts the Day Strong in Utah | AMA Pro Motocross - Tooele, UT