Graffunder Takes Career-Best Finish at Las Vegas EnduroCross Finale
Endurocross - Las Vegas, NV
"Second place is awesome; I'm pumped!" Graffunder exclaimed. "It was definitely a track for me. It wasn't super gnarly, but they went back to their roots with a really full track. They didn't have a lot of open straightaways without obstacles. There were no flat corners, not that much jumping - just obstacle after obstacle - and that really played into my favor."
The night didn't start off well for Graffunder, who found himself at a second-row start for his heat race. He was still able to get a decent jump, and even battle Mike Brown for the lead, but a crash sent him over the bars and into the LCQ for qualifying.
"In the main, I had a decent start - probably fifth or sixth," Graffunder said. "There was carnage all over the track and the crowd was going crazy. I was in third and I was like, ‘Just keep pushing and I can maybe catch these guys.' At one point I went back to fourth place, and almost lost the gap on Kyle and Geoff, but I regrouped, got my lines back together a couple laps later and passed into second place."
Be sure to follow Team Husqvarna on Facebook or via Twitter @HusqvarnaNA. Husqvarna Motorcycle Distribution North America Inc.
Husqvarna has continued to expand its professional race team to compete in AMA National Enduro, GNCC, EnduroCross and AMA West Hare Scrambles Series. Husqvarna team riders are competing aboard 2013 Husqvarna CR125, TC250R, TXC250R and TXC310R off-road models. Husqvarna Motorcycles are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships.
- 18.12.2014 : Tis The Season With Colton Facciotti | Rider Support - Canada
- 17.12.2014 : TLD Canada Amateur Profile: Hayden Wolff | Rider Support - Prince George, BC, Canda
- 10.12.2014 : Privateer Profile: Ross Johnson | International - Canada
- 09.12.2014 : Scott Dixon Returns To TCGR for 2015 IndyCar Series | IndyCar Series
- 19.11.2014 : Interview: Troy Lee | Company
- 11.11.2014 : Redmond and Graffunder Take on Ukupacha in Ecuador | Enduro - Ukupacha, Ecuador
- 10.11.2014 : USA Got Hold of Junior Trophy Victory in Argentina | Off-Road - San Juan, Argentina
- 06.11.2014 : Mitchell DeJong Clinches 2014 GRC Lites Championship | Global Rallycross Lites - Las Vegas, NV
- 05.11.2014 : Behind The Scenes with Kiwi Indycar Champ Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 04.11.2014 : Lusty Industries Opens In New Zealand | Newcastle, NSW Australia