Graffunder On The Podium at Boise EnduroCross
Endurocross - Boise, ID
One of the toughest AMA EnduroCross tracks of the year spelled good results for factory Husqvarna racers Cory Graffunder and Kyle Redmond. Both racers landed in the top-five, with Graffunder claiming a podium position with a third-place at round seven of the series.
"It feels great to be back up on the podium," Graffunder said. "We had some great battles going on throughout the main. I got around Geoff Aaron for third, then I was battling with Colton Haaker, and Kyle was right there for a lot of the main. There was always pressure but I'm pretty stoked that I held everyone off and got on the podium."
Both Graffunder and Redmond were able to call upon their trials skills to tackle the technical course, which most riders found very difficult to attack. Patience and razor-sharp skill along with the prowess of the FMF/Stillwell Performance TXC310 allowed them to put in consistent laps throughout the main event.
"It was one of the hardest tracks we've had," Redmond commented, "which was good for me and Cory. We were running third and fourth for a lot of the main, but I gave fourth-place away on the last lap. I was pretty bummed about that. I got stuck in the rocks and lost like five seconds and Soule got by me. I almost got him back; it was a really close finish but I had to settle for fifth."
Redmond and Graffunder will be back in action in three weeks for the eighth and final round of the AMA EnduroCross series in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Be sure to follow Team Husqvarna on @HusqvarnaNA.
Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
Husqvarna Motorcycles, a part of the BMW Group since October 2007, are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Varese, Italy since 1987.
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC is part of BMW (US) Holding Corp. BMW Group's sales headquarters for North, Central and South America is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. Husqvarna has continued to expand its professional race team to compete in AMA National Enduro, GNCC, EnduroCross, the AMA Western Hare Scrambles Series and WORCS championships. Husqvarna team riders are competing aboard 2012 Husqvarna TC250, TXC250, TXC310 and TXC511 off-road models.
- 21.08.2014 : Where Are They Now - Cam Zink | MTB Freeride - Mammoth Lakes, CA
- 21.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti To Fill-In For TLD / Lucas Oil / MAVTV / Honda's Malcolm Stewart | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 20.08.2014 : Will Power Dominates at The Milwaukee Mile 2014 | IndyCar - Milwaukee, WI
- 20.08.2014 : Raceline Pirelli Suzuki Back on Track for Gladstone | Motocross - Gladstone, Queensland, Australia
- 20.08.2014 : Rain Check: Jessy Nelson Grabs His First Moto Win | AMA Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 19.08.2014 : Team Target Claims Two Top-Five Finishes at Milwaukee 2014 | IndyCar - Milwaukee, WI
- 19.08.2014 : Semenuk Becomes Most Decorated Athlete in Crankworx Slopestyle History | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 18.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Score First National Motocross Win in Indiana Mud | AMA Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 15.08.2014 : Interview: Curtis Keene Speaks on Racing, His Career and More | Enduro - Whistler, Canada
- 15.08.2014 : Inside the Mind of Whistler's Brandon Semenuk | Freeride MTB - Interview