Graffunder, Lanza and Eastman Collect Second at Glen Helen 6 Hour
Endurocross - Corona, CA
A challenging 10.5-mile course through the hills and tracks of Glen Helen was put together by Dirt Bike Magazine's Ron Lawson and four-time national motocross champion Gary Jones. A combination of fast straights, rough ridges and over a mile and a half of fresh trail greeted racers, and though the morning started out muddy, the afternoon gave way to ideal conditions.
"It was really a last-minute thing," explained Cory Graffunder. "We decided two days before that we wanted to do it. Brent (Eastman) called Jamie (Lanza) and me, and we all showed up at the shop and pitched in to get the bike ready."
The TXC310R proved to be the ideal machine to tackle the technical trail sections of the 6 Hour course, where the team was able to make up time on the open-class 450s.
"It was really muddy and there were lots of long straightaways," Graffunder said. "We were getting a little bit of pressure in those sections, but I was able to put time on the other teams in the tight stuff."
The trio put the Husky TXC310R into a solid second place early in the race, and they remained there with over 10 minutes over the third-place team by the end. Graffunder, Lanza and Eastman were thrilled to land a podium finish.
"It's really cool being teammates with Jaime again," commented Graffunder. "We've always been good friends and we're both happy to be together on Husqvarnas again. Brent is also a hell of a rider, and we're glad he roped us into racing this at the last minute!"
For more information on the entire 2013 Husqvarna line-up, please go to www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com. Head to your nearest dealership to pick up a copy of the 2013 RiDE MORE Catalog, available now!
Be sure to follow Team Husqvarna on Facebook or via Twitter @HusqvarnaNA.
- 28.08.2014 : Unsung Hero: Fredrik Noren on the 2014 MX Season | AMA Motocross - RacerX Interview
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA