Graffunder, Lanza and Eastman Collect Second at Glen Helen 6 Hour
Endurocross - Corona, CA
A challenging 10.5-mile course through the hills and tracks of Glen Helen was put together by Dirt Bike Magazine's Ron Lawson and four-time national motocross champion Gary Jones. A combination of fast straights, rough ridges and over a mile and a half of fresh trail greeted racers, and though the morning started out muddy, the afternoon gave way to ideal conditions.
"It was really a last-minute thing," explained Cory Graffunder. "We decided two days before that we wanted to do it. Brent (Eastman) called Jamie (Lanza) and me, and we all showed up at the shop and pitched in to get the bike ready."
The TXC310R proved to be the ideal machine to tackle the technical trail sections of the 6 Hour course, where the team was able to make up time on the open-class 450s.
"It was really muddy and there were lots of long straightaways," Graffunder said. "We were getting a little bit of pressure in those sections, but I was able to put time on the other teams in the tight stuff."
The trio put the Husky TXC310R into a solid second place early in the race, and they remained there with over 10 minutes over the third-place team by the end. Graffunder, Lanza and Eastman were thrilled to land a podium finish.
"It's really cool being teammates with Jaime again," commented Graffunder. "We've always been good friends and we're both happy to be together on Husqvarnas again. Brent is also a hell of a rider, and we're glad he roped us into racing this at the last minute!"
For more information on the entire 2013 Husqvarna line-up, please go to www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com. Head to your nearest dealership to pick up a copy of the 2013 RiDE MORE Catalog, available now!
Be sure to follow Team Husqvarna on Facebook or via Twitter @HusqvarnaNA.
- 27.02.2015 : Sound Off: Jessy Nelson Interview | TLD Race Team - Art's Cyclery Interview
- 25.02.2015 : Logan Christian Lands Podium Finish In Chicago | Snocross - Chicago, IL
- 25.02.2015 : Toby Price Swaps Bike for Stadium Super Truck Debut | Super Trucks - Adelaide, Australia
- 25.02.2015 : Mears All Smiles After Successful Daytona Speedweeks | NASCAR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.02.2015 : Top-10 Finish for Kasey Kahne in 2015 Daytona 500 | NASCAR - Daytona, FL
- 24.02.2015 : California Dreamin' with Aaron Gwin | MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.02.2015 : Willoughby and Post Victorious at 2015 Phoenix Winter Nationals | BMX - Phoenix, AZ
- 23.02.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Cole Seely’s Race Day in Atlanta | AMA Supercross - Atlanta, GA
- 13.02.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Soo I-500 and Podiums In New York | Snocross - Fertile, MN
- 11.02.2015 : 250 Words: New But Familiar Ground - Shane McElrath | AMA Supercross - Racer X Interview