Graffunder Celebrates A Win at Salinas Ramblers West Hare Scrambles
Endurocross - Corona, CA
After a brief winter hiatus, Husqvarna race teams are back in action on both the east and west coasts. Cory Graffunder celebrated his first victory of the season in Salinas, California, where he took a dominant win in the AMA West Hare Scrambles Championship Series, while the Fred Andrews Racing (FAR) Husqvarna team battled tight trees and below-freezing temps in Georgia at the opening round of the Rekluse AMA National Enduro Series.
Cory Graffunder is making the best of starting his title-defense season at a deficit. The number-one plate holder had a disappointing first round, but came back strong with a big win in Salinas. "I had a rough start to my season after not finishing the opening round," Graffunder said. "That wasn't the way we wanted to start the year, but it's good to be back up front. Now we're just looking to carry this momentum through the rest of the series."
Graffunder piloted his TXC310R to an early lead and a dominant victory at the Salinas Ramblers West Hare Scrambles, round two of the five-round AMA West Hare Scrambles Championship Series. The FMF/Troy Lee Designs-backed rider is looking forward to another successful race effort this weekend in Globe, Arizona, where he will contest round three of the West Hare Scrambles Series.
On the east coast, Fred Andrews and the FAR Husqvarna team jumped back into action. A frigid Georgia morning greeted the team as they lined up for the start of the 2013 National Enduro series at the Cherokee National Enduro in Greensboro, GA. Riders Andrew Delong and Nick Davis had a rough time finding their flow at first, but both settled into a good rhythm aboard their TXC310Rs.
Delong's day was hampered by a few crashes on tests four and five, but he remained strong and ended the day with a seventh-place finish. "I had a few problems today," Delong said. "I felt like I was going fast, but just made a few mistakes. I'm looking forward to the next race (Sandlapper National Enduro) already!"
Davis was also slowed down by a crash at the Cherokee National Enduro. Despite banging himself and his TXC310R up in the process, he held on for a solid 15th-place finish. "I was going pretty good today," Davis said. "I have been practicing in the tight woods and had an okay day going. I caught a tree and down I went. Both the bike and myself got banged up good. My leg is sore, but I will be ready for the next race."
For more information on the entire 2013 Husqvarna line-up, please go to www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com. Head to your nearest dealership to pick up a copy of the 2013 RiDE MORE Catalog, available now!
Be sure to follow Team Husqvarna on Facebook or via Twitter @HusqvarnaNA.
- 16.11.2015 : Bud-Racing’s Lillie SX Race Report | Moto - Lillie, France
- 06.11.2015 : Shane McElrath Injured in Practice | Moto - Corona, CA
- 17.10.2015 : TLD Athletes on top at RedBull Rampage | Bike - Virgin, UT
- 23.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Hosts Successful Wheels 4 Life Fundraiser | Company - Laguna Beach, CA
- 23.09.2015 : That Winning Feeling: Jessy Nelson Talks USGP Victory | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.09.2015 : 250 Words: Troy’s Boys On Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Gritty USGP Performance For Kirk Gibbs | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs on Top of the World at Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 18.09.2015 : Billy Laninovich - Molding Tomorrow’s Racers | Motocross - TWMX Interview
- 15.09.2015 : Daniel Sanders On Top of the World in ISDE E3 Division | Enduro - Kosice, Slovakia