Graffunder and Delong Gear Up For Another Winning Season with Husqvarna
Husqvarna HQ - Corona, CA
Husqvarna Motorcycles North America (HMNA) enjoyed a very successful racing season in 2012, filled with highlights including Cory Graffunder's X Games medal, and XC2 racer Andrew Delong's historic overall podium finishes in the GNCC series. HMNA is proud to welcome back both Graffunder and Delong in 2013, along with accomplished team members who are poised for another landmark year.
On the "left side" of the U.S., Cory Graffunder will head up Husqvarna's racing efforts. The Canadian faces an eventful season in 2013 with two AMA national championships on his calendar, as well as four global X Games events! The AMA EnduroCross Series is foremost on Graffunder's radar this year. Select extreme off-road events like King of the Motos and Last Dog Standing will also keep him occupied in 2013, along with defending his number one plate in the AMA West Hare Scrambles Championship Series.
"I'm thrilled to be back with Husky this season," Graffunder commented. "Last year ended really well, and we're looking to ride that momentum into 2013. The Global X Games events will be huge, and I'm also really hopeful to hang on to my number one plate in the West Hare Scrambles Series. This is a busy year ahead, and I'm confident it will be a great one for me and for Husqvarna!"
Fred Andrews Racing (FAR) will continue to represent Husqvarna's race efforts in the east, once again contending the GNCC series and National Enduro championships with riders Andrew Delong and Nick Davis. Delong comes off an incredible season in 2012, in which he was nearly a contender for the GNCC XC2 championship despite having missed the first two rounds of the series. Young Nick Davis cut his teeth in last year's GNCC series, and has proven capable of running with the best.
"FAR Husqvarna is once again fortunate enough to have Andrew Delong and Nick Davis riding for us," commented team owner Fred Andrews. "They will both be contesting the XC2 class in the GNCC series aboard TXC250Rs. Andrew and Nick will also ride in the National Enduro series aboard Husqvarna's new Red Head TXC310R. With a number of great sponsors behind us, like Pro Circuit, Maxxis and FLY Racing, this will be another great year for the entire FAR crew!"
FAR Husqvarna will also be extending rider support to several GNCC racers through cooperation with Husqvarna dealers. With backing from Hall's Cycles, Chris Douglas will be contesting the XC2 class alongside Delong and Davis. Craig Delong will be competing in the 4-stroke A class with support from Toy Tec Husqvarna, while 17-year-old Tristian Stumbo, by way of Appalachian Husqvarna, will be gunning for the 200A class championship in the 2013 GNCC series.
Some personnel changes are also afoot at Husqvarna; HMNA is proud to name Andy Jefferson the new head of racing in the United States. Husqvarna's former head of U.S. Racing Programs and Product Planning - Derek Sorenson - now moves on to BMW as the Riders Apparel & Aftersales Marketing Manager.
"My background is largely in racing, so it's great to get back to my roots in that sense," said Jefferson, who came on board with HMNA in 2010 as the National Aftersales Manager. "We have a great team in place for 2013 so far, with another announcement coming soon."
"As fifth overall finisher in the 2012 GEICO AMA EnduroCross series, Cory Graffunder has been invited to compete in all four global X Games Enduro X events in 2013," Jefferson continued. "We're thrilled to expand HMNA racing into new markets like Brazil and Spain with a world-class rider like Cory. As for Fred Andrews and FAR, we are proud to head into another season with the team. Andrew is a force in the XC2 class, and Nick is really coming into his own. We look forward to having some Husky Red Heads on the podium at some GNCCs and National Enduros in 2013."
For more information on the entire 2013 Husqvarna line-up, please go to www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com. Head to your nearest dealership to pick up a copy of the 2013 RiDE MORE Catalog, available now! Be sure to follow Team Husqvarna on Facebook or via Twitter @HusqvarnaNA.
- 29.06.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Endure Weather As Season Hits Halfway Point | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 29.06.2015 : TLD’s Noren Bounces Back For Solid Moto 2 Finish at Budds Creek | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 26.06.2015 : Scott Dixon Looks to Complete Career California Track Sweep | IndyCar - Fontana, CA
- 23.06.2015 : Ward Wins Pole and Takes 4th in Red Bull GRC Debut at Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.06.2015 : Block Takes 2nd at Rd 3 of 2015 Red Bull GRC Season in Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 18.06.2015 : Podium Finish for Dempsey and Long at Le Mans | Auto Racing - Le Mans, France
- 15.06.2015 : TLD's Seely and Noren Earn Top-10 Finishes in Pennsylvania | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : Top-10 Results for TLD’s Nelson and McElrath at High Point National | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : TLD Bike Athletes Go Big at Rd 3 of MTB World Cup DH Series | DH MTB - Leogang, Austria
- 11.06.2015 : Price Sweeps to Fourth Finke Desert Race Win | Off-Road - Northern Territory, Australia