Flying Lizards to Switch to GTC in 2013
ALMS - Sonoma, CA
Porsche's leading American Le Mans Series team Flying Lizard will switch to the one-make GTC class for 2013 after the German manufacturer's decision to pause its factory GT program.
Next season Porsche will focus on development of its next generation 911 for a 2014 debut. That left Flying Lizard's ALMS program facing an uncertain future, but the team announced on Thursday that it would stay in the series and field at least one GTC car for boss Seth Neiman and Spencer Pumpelly.
"With the end of Porsche developmental support for the 997, it was clear that we needed to do something different for 2013," explained team manager Eric Ingraham. "The team wants to continue to race competitively and GTC was a logical choice given our long history with 911s."
Flying Lizard won the ALMS GT class for three straight years from 2008-'10, and has been Porsche's factory representative in the series since 2007.
This article originally appeared in Autosport.com.
- 23.07.2014 : Kanaan Leads Team Target with Two Podiums in Toronto | IndyCar - Toronto, Canada
- 23.07.2014 : Sage Karam Added to Brickyard GP Lineup | GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series - Indianapolis, IN
- 22.07.2014 : Women's Mountain Biking in Mammoth with Leigh Donovan | MTB - Mammoth Lakes, CA
- 22.07.2014 : Colton Facciotti at the Top of the Box at Sand Del Lee | Motocross - Richmond, ON, Canada
- 22.07.2014 : Fredrik Noren at Spring Creek MX 2014 | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 22.07.2014 : Toby Price On Top at Kyogle | Off-Road - Kyogle, Australia
- 21.07.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Dives Into Spring Creek Motocross | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 18.07.2014 : Vaea Verbeek Wins Canadian MTB Downhill Women's Championship | Mountain Bike - Sun Peaks, BC, Canada
- 17.07.2014 : Cam Zink to Attempt World-Record Back Flip at Mammoth Mountain | MTB - Mammoth Lakes, CA
- 17.07.2014 : MXP Chatter: Nathan Bles On Gopher Dunes 2014 | Motocross - Courtland, Canada