Flying Lizards to Switch to GTC in 2013
ALMS - Sonoma, CA
Porsche's leading American Le Mans Series team Flying Lizard will switch to the one-make GTC class for 2013 after the German manufacturer's decision to pause its factory GT program.
Next season Porsche will focus on development of its next generation 911 for a 2014 debut. That left Flying Lizard's ALMS program facing an uncertain future, but the team announced on Thursday that it would stay in the series and field at least one GTC car for boss Seth Neiman and Spencer Pumpelly.
"With the end of Porsche developmental support for the 997, it was clear that we needed to do something different for 2013," explained team manager Eric Ingraham. "The team wants to continue to race competitively and GTC was a logical choice given our long history with 911s."
Flying Lizard won the ALMS GT class for three straight years from 2008-'10, and has been Porsche's factory representative in the series since 2007.
This article originally appeared in Autosport.com.
- 22.04.2015 : Alise Post Grabs 2nd at Manchester BMX | BMX - Manchester, England
- 21.04.2015 : Scott Dixon wins Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : CGRT Claims SportsCar Showcase Runner-Up Finish in Long Beach | SportsCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM Riders Excel In A Tough Hedley Round | Off-Road - Victoria, Australia
- 20.04.2015 : 'My Weekend Was…' With Cole Seely - Santa Clara SX Recap | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 20.04.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Shane McElrath’s Race Day in Santa Clara | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX