Flying Lizards to Switch to GTC in 2013
ALMS - Sonoma, CA
Porsche's leading American Le Mans Series team Flying Lizard will switch to the one-make GTC class for 2013 after the German manufacturer's decision to pause its factory GT program.
Next season Porsche will focus on development of its next generation 911 for a 2014 debut. That left Flying Lizard's ALMS program facing an uncertain future, but the team announced on Thursday that it would stay in the series and field at least one GTC car for boss Seth Neiman and Spencer Pumpelly.
"With the end of Porsche developmental support for the 997, it was clear that we needed to do something different for 2013," explained team manager Eric Ingraham. "The team wants to continue to race competitively and GTC was a logical choice given our long history with 911s."
Flying Lizard won the ALMS GT class for three straight years from 2008-'10, and has been Porsche's factory representative in the series since 2007.
This article originally appeared in Autosport.com.
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 20.08.2015 : Gibbs On Verge of Clinching National MX1 Crown | MX Nationals - Australia
- 19.08.2015 : Mountain Biker Brandon Semenuk’s unReal Video: Long Shot Pays Off | Freeride MTB
- 18.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Collects Eighth Top-10 Finish at Utah National | AMA Pro Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 18.08.2015 : TLD’s Noren Starts the Day Strong in Utah | AMA Pro Motocross - Tooele, UT