Flying Lizards to Switch to GTC in 2013
ALMS - Sonoma, CA
Porsche's leading American Le Mans Series team Flying Lizard will switch to the one-make GTC class for 2013 after the German manufacturer's decision to pause its factory GT program.
Next season Porsche will focus on development of its next generation 911 for a 2014 debut. That left Flying Lizard's ALMS program facing an uncertain future, but the team announced on Thursday that it would stay in the series and field at least one GTC car for boss Seth Neiman and Spencer Pumpelly.
"With the end of Porsche developmental support for the 997, it was clear that we needed to do something different for 2013," explained team manager Eric Ingraham. "The team wants to continue to race competitively and GTC was a logical choice given our long history with 911s."
Flying Lizard won the ALMS GT class for three straight years from 2008-'10, and has been Porsche's factory representative in the series since 2007.
This article originally appeared in Autosport.com.
- 29.06.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Endure Weather As Season Hits Halfway Point | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 29.06.2015 : TLD’s Noren Bounces Back For Solid Moto 2 Finish at Budds Creek | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 26.06.2015 : Scott Dixon Looks to Complete Career California Track Sweep | IndyCar - Fontana, CA
- 23.06.2015 : Ward Wins Pole and Takes 4th in Red Bull GRC Debut at Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.06.2015 : Block Takes 2nd at Rd 3 of 2015 Red Bull GRC Season in Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 18.06.2015 : Podium Finish for Dempsey and Long at Le Mans | Auto Racing - Le Mans, France
- 15.06.2015 : TLD's Seely and Noren Earn Top-10 Finishes in Pennsylvania | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : Top-10 Results for TLD’s Nelson and McElrath at High Point National | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : TLD Bike Athletes Go Big at Rd 3 of MTB World Cup DH Series | DH MTB - Leogang, Austria
- 11.06.2015 : Price Sweeps to Fourth Finke Desert Race Win | Off-Road - Northern Territory, Australia