Flying Lizards to Switch to GTC in 2013
ALMS - Sonoma, CA
Porsche's leading American Le Mans Series team Flying Lizard will switch to the one-make GTC class for 2013 after the German manufacturer's decision to pause its factory GT program.
Next season Porsche will focus on development of its next generation 911 for a 2014 debut. That left Flying Lizard's ALMS program facing an uncertain future, but the team announced on Thursday that it would stay in the series and field at least one GTC car for boss Seth Neiman and Spencer Pumpelly.
"With the end of Porsche developmental support for the 997, it was clear that we needed to do something different for 2013," explained team manager Eric Ingraham. "The team wants to continue to race competitively and GTC was a logical choice given our long history with 911s."
Flying Lizard won the ALMS GT class for three straight years from 2008-'10, and has been Porsche's factory representative in the series since 2007.
This article originally appeared in Autosport.com.
- 30.03.2015 : Seely Keeps Up Momentum in St. Louis with Fourth Place | AMA Supercross - St. Louis, MO
- 30.03.2015 : Montoya Overpowering in 2015 IndyCar Season-Opening Win | IndyCar - St. Petersburg, FL
- 30.03.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM’s Kirk Gibbs Takes The Red Plate at MX Nationals Rd. 1 | MX Nationals - Horsham, Victoria, AUS
- 30.03.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Race Team Competes in the East | AMA Supercross - Corona, CA
- 25.03.2015 : Post Claims 5th Straight Elite Women's U.S. National Champion Title | BMX - Rock Hill, SC
- 25.03.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wraps Up 2014-2015 Season At Lake Geneva Snocross | Snocross - Lake Geneva, WI
- 24.03.2015 : TLD’s Seely Makes It Back-To-Back Podium Finishes in Detroit | AMA Supercross - Detroit, MI
- 20.03.2015 : Top 5 for Vildosola Racing in the Polaris RZR Mint 400 | Mint 400 - Las Vegas, NV
- 18.03.2015 : Transworld Motocross Race Series Profile: Max Lee | Motocross - Riverside, CA
- 17.03.2015 : Lusty Industries KTM Team Riders Top 5 at Melbourne Enduro-X | Australian Enduro-X - Melbourne, Australia