Flying Lizard to Field Two 911 GT3 RSRs for 2010 ALMS
American LeMans Series
Sonoma, California - Flying Lizard Motorsports announced today that the team will return to the American Le Mans Series in 2010 for their seventh consecutive season, fielding two Porsche 911 GT3 RSRs in the GT class.* Joerg Bergmeister and Patrick Long, both Porsche factory drivers, will reunite in the No. 45 Flying Lizard Porsche to defend their 2009 ALMS GT2 driver's championship title. Team principal Seth Neiman and Darren Law will drive in the No. 44 Porsche.
Flying Lizard has won the ALMS GT2 team title two years in a row: 2008 and 2009. Bergmeister has won two consecutive GT2 drivers' championships with Flying Lizard: 2009 and 2008 (with Wolf Henzler), and has won four times overall. Bergmeister and Long have won two ALMS championships together.
In the No. 44, Law will join Neiman full time for the season. Law has driven with the Lizards as both a full time and guest driver for the last six years. 2010 will be Neiman's seventh year in the No. 44 with Flying Lizard.
The team will compete in all nine American Le Mans Series races in 2010 and will participate at the Winter Test at Sebring in late February. For a complete schedule, see www.lizardms.com.
"We are delighted to return with Porsche for the 2010 season," said Neiman. "We have a very strong relationship with Porsche: both organizations are committed to being competitive over the long haul. The continuity of being with the same manufacturer for six years allows us a stability that few of our competitors have attained. In my view, that's how you get better: keep the situation stable so that you can refine and learn."
He added, "Next year, the GT field will be extremely tough. Our goal is to win the championship again. To do that, we have to improve our performance at the very long races. We must go into every race weekend knowing that our competitors do something important better than we do. We need to find out what that is, learn from them, and then try to do it better. We've won two championships in a row and the target is on our back. I expect that pressure will drive us to an even greater focus and intensity in 2010."
For driver bios, see www.lizardms.com.
To visit our online store, visit www.lizardms.com/store.
* In 2010 the GT2 category will be renamed GT in the ALMS.
About Flying Lizard Motorsports
Flying Lizard Motorsports has finished in the top three in the ALMS GT2 drivers' and team championships every year since 2004, their first year of professional competition. In 2009, the team swept all ALMS GT2 titles: Joerg Bergmeister and Patrick Long won the drivers' championship in the No. 45; Flying Lizard won the team championship; Porsche won the manufacturer championship; and the Flying Lizard No. 44 Porsche won the Michelin Green X Challenge championship (new for 2009). It is the team's second consecutive triple championship: in 2008 Joerg Bergmeister and Wolf Henzler won the ALMS GT2 drivers' title in the No. 45; Flying Lizard won the team championship; and Porsche won the manufacturers' title.
Flying Lizard has also competed in the 24 Heures du Mans from 2005 through 2009, finishing third in 2005, fourth in 2006, and sixth in 2008.
For the 2009 season, Flying Lizard was sponsored in the American Le Mans Series by ShoreTel, a leading provider of enterprise IP telephony solutions and eSilicon, a semiconductor company, both based in Sunnyvale, California; and RedlineCoffee.com, a premium coffee company dedicated to motorsport enthusiasts, based in Boulder, Colorado. Team partners include Porsche and Michelin.
- 18.12.2014 : Tis The Season With Colton Facciotti | Rider Support - Canada
- 17.12.2014 : TLD Canada Amateur Profile: Hayden Wolff | Rider Support - Prince George, BC, Canda
- 10.12.2014 : Privateer Profile: Ross Johnson | International - Canada
- 09.12.2014 : Scott Dixon Returns To TCGR for 2015 IndyCar Series | IndyCar Series
- 19.11.2014 : Interview: Troy Lee | Company
- 11.11.2014 : Redmond and Graffunder Take on Ukupacha in Ecuador | Enduro - Ukupacha, Ecuador
- 10.11.2014 : USA Got Hold of Junior Trophy Victory in Argentina | Off-Road - San Juan, Argentina
- 06.11.2014 : Mitchell DeJong Clinches 2014 GRC Lites Championship | Global Rallycross Lites - Las Vegas, NV
- 05.11.2014 : Behind The Scenes with Kiwi Indycar Champ Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 04.11.2014 : Lusty Industries Opens In New Zealand | Newcastle, NSW Australia