Fillmore Places Inside Top Ten at Mid-Ohio AMA Pro SuperBike Race
AMA Pro Superbike - Lexington, OH
Fillmore had two solid practice sessions that placed him 7th overall heading into the race on Saturday morning. Knapp struggled with a few bike set-up issues and qualified 14th overall.
On Saturday, Fillmore got out to a decent start and was sitting around 8th after the first lap. His teammate, Knapp, had an even better jump from his starting row and was able to move from 14th to 9th within the first two laps. Both riders charged forward for the next laps before an issue with the tires on the bike, which affected multiple riders in the race, caused them to slow down. Despite the issue, Fillmore was able to ride his bike safely to a 7th place result while Knapp finished 12th overall.
“Unfortunately, the tire compound was too soft for Saturday’s race and the tire began to blister and deteriorate very quickly. Luckily, we were able to finish the race safely and will be given a new tire for Sunday’s race,” commented Fillmore after the race.
Sunday was a better race day for both riders. Fillmore launched off the line to a 6th place start and began a battle that lasted more than three-quarters of the race for the 5th place position. Meanwhile, Knapp had a worse start than the previous race but set to work quickly to begin picking off riders.
Fillmore was charging forward in 6th position when he hit a slick oil patch left from an earlier spill that caused him to have to run wide in order to straighten up his bike and avoid a crash with a few laps to go. This mistake cost him one position and dropped him back to 7th. He was able to hang strong in that position and finish the race with another 7th place finish. Knapp moved forward from his 14th place start to finish 10th by the end of the race.
“We had experimented with some different set-up options for Sunday’s race,” stated Knapp. “It ended up being much better and I felt very comfortable during the afternoon race and was happy that I was able to work into the top ten.”
Next Event: Monterey, CA – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca – July 19-21, 2013
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 11.04.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Pre-Race Report: Long Beach Grand Prix 2014 | Auto Racing - Long Beach, CA