Fillmore Places Inside Top Ten at Mid-Ohio AMA Pro SuperBike Race
AMA Pro Superbike - Lexington, OH
Fillmore had two solid practice sessions that placed him 7th overall heading into the race on Saturday morning. Knapp struggled with a few bike set-up issues and qualified 14th overall.
On Saturday, Fillmore got out to a decent start and was sitting around 8th after the first lap. His teammate, Knapp, had an even better jump from his starting row and was able to move from 14th to 9th within the first two laps. Both riders charged forward for the next laps before an issue with the tires on the bike, which affected multiple riders in the race, caused them to slow down. Despite the issue, Fillmore was able to ride his bike safely to a 7th place result while Knapp finished 12th overall.
“Unfortunately, the tire compound was too soft for Saturday’s race and the tire began to blister and deteriorate very quickly. Luckily, we were able to finish the race safely and will be given a new tire for Sunday’s race,” commented Fillmore after the race.
Sunday was a better race day for both riders. Fillmore launched off the line to a 6th place start and began a battle that lasted more than three-quarters of the race for the 5th place position. Meanwhile, Knapp had a worse start than the previous race but set to work quickly to begin picking off riders.
Fillmore was charging forward in 6th position when he hit a slick oil patch left from an earlier spill that caused him to have to run wide in order to straighten up his bike and avoid a crash with a few laps to go. This mistake cost him one position and dropped him back to 7th. He was able to hang strong in that position and finish the race with another 7th place finish. Knapp moved forward from his 14th place start to finish 10th by the end of the race.
“We had experimented with some different set-up options for Sunday’s race,” stated Knapp. “It ended up being much better and I felt very comfortable during the afternoon race and was happy that I was able to work into the top ten.”
Next Event: Monterey, CA – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca – July 19-21, 2013
- 17.10.2014 : Vinny Nuzzolilli AMA Pro Hillclimb Unlimited Champion | Pro Hillclimb - Oregonia, OH
- 13.10.2014 : Greg Hancock Is 2014 Speedway World Champion | Speedway - Torun, Poland
- 06.10.2014 : Jessy Nelson 3rd at Red Bull Straight Rhythm 2014 | Race Team - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Darryn Durham | Race Team - Corona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : 32 Riders to Compete in Red Bull Straight Rhythm at Fairplex on October 4 | Supercross - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Vildosola Racing Leads the SCORE International Championship | SCORE - Imperial Valley, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Darryn Durham - Back In Orange And Black | Race Team
- 01.10.2014 : Brandon Semenuk is the FMB Overall Champion | Freeride MTB - Virgin, UT
- 29.09.2014 : Willoughby and Pajon Victorious at Chula Vista BMX | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark