Fillmore Goes 9-8 at Road America
Superbike - Elkhart Lake, WI
Fillmore had a great qualifying session to earn a 7th place starting position for Saturday’s race. Once the race began, Fillmore leaped forward to a decent start. At the end of the first lap he was sitting inside the top ten. His teammate, Taylor Knapp, also had a good jump off the line and was sitting in 13th off the start. He quickly moved up one position on the next lap. Unfortunately, Knapp suffered a mechanical problem two laps later and did not finish the race. Meanwhile, Fillmore continued to plug away and went on to finish the race in 9th place.
On day two, Fillmore launched off to a 7th place start and Knapp to a 14th place start. Fillmore held 7th through the majority of the race, while Knapp chased down the 13th place rider. Unfortunately, Knapp suffered another mechanical and did not finish the race.
On lap seven Fillmore began a battle with David Anthony for 7th position. Anthony made the pass on Fillmore with three laps to go but was unable to pull away from a hard-charging Fillmore. The two battled through to the checkered flag with Anthony edging out Fillmore by just a bike length when they crossed the line. Fillmore’s effort earned him an 8th place finish for the day.
“I am happy to get two top ten finishes,” remarked Fillmore. “We have made quite a few improvements on the bike in the last months but we definitely still have some areas to work on. I am happy with the progression so far and hope to continue to improve upon our results at the next round.”
Next Event: Barber Raceway – June 21-23, 2013
- 19.11.2014 : Interview: Troy Lee | Company
- 11.11.2014 : Redmond and Graffunder Take on Ukupacha in Ecuador | Enduro - Ukupacha, Ecuador
- 10.11.2014 : USA Got Hold of Junior Trophy Victory in Argentina | Off-Road - San Juan, Argentina
- 06.11.2014 : Mitchell DeJong Clinches 2014 GRC Lites Championship | Global Rallycross Lites - Las Vegas, NV
- 05.11.2014 : Behind The Scenes with Kiwi Indycar Champ Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 04.11.2014 : Lusty Industries Opens In New Zealand | Newcastle, NSW Australia
- 03.11.2014 : Runner-Up Finish for ESM Patrón at Shanghai | WEC - Shanghai, China
- 03.11.2014 : From Joyride to Rampage to unReal: Brandon Semenuk's Non-Stop Year | Freeride MTB
- 30.10.2014 : Interview: Darryn Durham on Supercross Africa | Supercross - Pretoria, South Africa
- 17.10.2014 : Vinny Nuzzolilli AMA Pro Hillclimb Unlimited Champion | Pro Hillclimb - Oregonia, OH