Fillmore Goes 9-8 at Road America
Superbike - Elkhart Lake, WI
Fillmore had a great qualifying session to earn a 7th place starting position for Saturday’s race. Once the race began, Fillmore leaped forward to a decent start. At the end of the first lap he was sitting inside the top ten. His teammate, Taylor Knapp, also had a good jump off the line and was sitting in 13th off the start. He quickly moved up one position on the next lap. Unfortunately, Knapp suffered a mechanical problem two laps later and did not finish the race. Meanwhile, Fillmore continued to plug away and went on to finish the race in 9th place.
On day two, Fillmore launched off to a 7th place start and Knapp to a 14th place start. Fillmore held 7th through the majority of the race, while Knapp chased down the 13th place rider. Unfortunately, Knapp suffered another mechanical and did not finish the race.
On lap seven Fillmore began a battle with David Anthony for 7th position. Anthony made the pass on Fillmore with three laps to go but was unable to pull away from a hard-charging Fillmore. The two battled through to the checkered flag with Anthony edging out Fillmore by just a bike length when they crossed the line. Fillmore’s effort earned him an 8th place finish for the day.
“I am happy to get two top ten finishes,” remarked Fillmore. “We have made quite a few improvements on the bike in the last months but we definitely still have some areas to work on. I am happy with the progression so far and hope to continue to improve upon our results at the next round.”
Next Event: Barber Raceway – June 21-23, 2013
- 25.03.2015 : Post Claims 5th Straight Elite Women's U.S. National Champion Title | BMX - Rock Hill, SC
- 25.03.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wraps Up 2014-2015 Season At Lake Geneva Snocross | Snocross - Lake Geneva, WI
- 24.03.2015 : TLD’s Seely Makes It Back-To-Back Podium Finishes in Detroit | AMA Supercross - Detroit, MI
- 20.03.2015 : Top 5 for Vildosola Racing in the Polaris RZR Mint 400 | Mint 400 - Las Vegas, NV
- 18.03.2015 : Transworld Motocross Race Series Profile: Max Lee | Motocross - Riverside, CA
- 17.03.2015 : Lusty Industries KTM Team Riders Top 5 at Melbourne Enduro-X | Australian Enduro-X - Melbourne, Australia
- 16.03.2015 : TLD’s Seely Returns to the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 16.03.2015 : Toby Price Finishes Second In Melbourne Enduro-X | Australian Enduro-X - Melbourne, Australia
- 16.03.2015 : Top 5 For The 5: Kasey Kahne Finishes 4th At Phoenix | NASCAR - Phoenix, AZ
- 16.03.2015 : Insight: Cole Seely After Indy SX 2015 | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN