Factory Husqvarna Riders Kick Off AMA EnduroCross Series In The Main
Endurocross - Las Vegas, NV
Despite several crashes in the early laps of the main that left him at the back of the pack, Graffunder piloted his TXC310R back into the top-10 where he carded a respectable seventh place finish. It wasn't quite what he was looking for, but the Canadian admits he had a lot of positive takeaways from Friday night's race, including setting the third-quickest hot lap in the afternoon qualifier.
"Usually in practice laps I'm about 10th fastest," Cory commented. "I was happy about that. In the night program I was fourth so it's good to know my speed is where it needs to be. Now it's just a matter of putting it all together and staying off the ground."
Jamie Lanza took to the Las Vegas course aboard a Husqvarna CR125, and was happy to make the main event in his return to AMA EnduroCross. "It feels really good to be in the main," Lanza said. "It was a lot of fun. The course was good; I think it was one of the best in a while based on difficulty and places to pass."
Being aboard the lightweight Husqvarna two-stroke proved to be an advantage on the tight and technical EnduroCross track. "I think we showed that the CR125 is competitive," Lanza commented. "The start is obviously hard but there's a lot of places where the 125 is great. It's an advantage to be on a lighter bike in the rocks and the matrix."
Immediately following Friday night's main event, Lanza packed up and headed to Primm, Nevada for the Shamrocks Big 6 Grand Prix, where he went on to take victories on both Saturday and Sunday. "It's a lot of fun being out there on the 125," Lanza said of his CR, which is in 144cc trim for the Big 6 GP series. "I had a lot of people come up to me at the Big 6 saying they loved seeing the 125 out there."
For more information on the entire 2013 Husqvarna line-up, please go to www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com.
- 26.01.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Rider Cole Seely Grabs Season Best Finish in Fifth | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 26.01.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Wins Record Sixth Rolex 24 At Daytona | Rolex 24 Hours - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL
- 22.01.2015 : Team TLD's Ascent to the Top of American Motocross | Troy Lee Designs - Company History
- 20.01.2015 : MXP Chatter: Kyle Keast | Motocross - Canada
- 20.01.2015 : American Champion Jared Mees Wins 2015 Troy Bayliss Classic | Flat Track - Taree, Australia
- 20.01.2015 : CBR's Zach Herfindahl Wins At Grafton | Snocross - Grafton, ND