Doug Henry earns Bronze Medal at Winter X Games
Winter X Games 14 - Aspen, CO
Henry is widely known for his motorcycle racing, including debuting Yamaha's revolutionary YZ400F in 1997 and being the first rider to win a Supercross race on a four-stroke. But he's also a longtime recreational snowmobile enthusiast, and keeps a production FX Nytro at his home in the northeast. When an ESPN producer asked him last fall to participate in the first-ever Adaptive SnoCross event at the Winter X Games 14, he agreed immediately. Bolstering the seat padding, and adding straps and bungee cords to keep him seated over jumps, Henry managed a couple of practice days at Pit X in New York before heading to Aspen.
In Colorado, the Adaptive SnoCross racers got in two practice sessions on Saturday and a morning warm-up before Sunday's noontime event. When the flag dropped Henry used the FX Nytro's four-stroke power to get to the first turn near the front of the pack, then rolled the first double jump that he determined was too sketchy to take at the angle required. With this he slipped back to mid-pack and then set about improving his position throughout the event. By the last lap Henry had advanced his Yamaha right to the back bumper of silver medalist Jim Wazny, but ran out time to make the pass. Mike Schultz, an experienced snowmobile racer and amputee, took the Gold.
- 18.12.2014 : Tis The Season With Colton Facciotti | Rider Support - Canada
- 17.12.2014 : TLD Canada Amateur Profile: Hayden Wolff | Rider Support - Prince George, BC, Canda
- 10.12.2014 : Privateer Profile: Ross Johnson | International - Canada
- 09.12.2014 : Scott Dixon Returns To TCGR for 2015 IndyCar Series | IndyCar Series
- 19.11.2014 : Interview: Troy Lee | Company
- 11.11.2014 : Redmond and Graffunder Take on Ukupacha in Ecuador | Enduro - Ukupacha, Ecuador
- 10.11.2014 : USA Got Hold of Junior Trophy Victory in Argentina | Off-Road - San Juan, Argentina
- 06.11.2014 : Mitchell DeJong Clinches 2014 GRC Lites Championship | Global Rallycross Lites - Las Vegas, NV
- 05.11.2014 : Behind The Scenes with Kiwi Indycar Champ Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 04.11.2014 : Lusty Industries Opens In New Zealand | Newcastle, NSW Australia