Doug Henry earns Bronze Medal at Winter X Games
Winter X Games 14 - Aspen, CO
Henry is widely known for his motorcycle racing, including debuting Yamaha's revolutionary YZ400F in 1997 and being the first rider to win a Supercross race on a four-stroke. But he's also a longtime recreational snowmobile enthusiast, and keeps a production FX Nytro at his home in the northeast. When an ESPN producer asked him last fall to participate in the first-ever Adaptive SnoCross event at the Winter X Games 14, he agreed immediately. Bolstering the seat padding, and adding straps and bungee cords to keep him seated over jumps, Henry managed a couple of practice days at Pit X in New York before heading to Aspen.
In Colorado, the Adaptive SnoCross racers got in two practice sessions on Saturday and a morning warm-up before Sunday's noontime event. When the flag dropped Henry used the FX Nytro's four-stroke power to get to the first turn near the front of the pack, then rolled the first double jump that he determined was too sketchy to take at the angle required. With this he slipped back to mid-pack and then set about improving his position throughout the event. By the last lap Henry had advanced his Yamaha right to the back bumper of silver medalist Jim Wazny, but ran out time to make the pass. Mike Schultz, an experienced snowmobile racer and amputee, took the Gold.
- 29.09.2014 : Willoughby and Pajon Victorious at Chula Vista BMX | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark
- 11.09.2014 : Juan Pablo Montoya Excited About 2015 IndyCar Potential | IndyCar
- 11.09.2014 : Catching Up With Nathan Bles 2014 | Motocross - Canada
- 10.09.2014 : Between The Motos: Tyler Keefe | Motocross/Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 09.09.2014 : Race Recap: Toby Price's 2014 Season | Off-Road - Australia
- 09.09.2014 : Women on Bikes Series - Leigh Donovan | MTB - Life on Two Wheels Interview
- 09.09.2014 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Amateur Standout Sean Cantrell | Corona, CA
- 08.09.2014 : Interview: Luca Cometti | MTB MAG Interview
- 08.09.2014 : Red Bull District Ride: Victory of Brandon Semenuk | Freeride MTB - Nuremberg, Germany