Dany Torres in Tight Fight for Lead at X-Fighters Glen Helen
FMX - Glen Helen, CA
Dany Torres of Spain leaped his way into the lead of the Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour with his dazzling victory in Dubai but Frenchman Tom Pages, the winner of the season opener in Mexico City, and defending champion Levi Sherwood of New Zealand will be pushing Torres to the limits on the biggest and most challenging dirt track of the season in Glen Helen, California on May 11 where the world's top freestyle motocross (FMX) riders will be battling for World Tour championship points with eye-popping leaps of up to 30 meters in distance and 15 meters in height. American Todd Potter, who won on home turf in Glen Helen, excels on the vast California track and is looking for his second career victory.
The big question on everyone's mind will be whether Torres and Sherwood can improve their game and better utilize the big FMX course in California after both appeared daunted and almost lost on the cavernous track with its towering step-up jump last year. "Last year they really struggled with the elevation and the dirt hills," said Red Bull X-Fighters sporting director Tes Sewell. "Can Levi and Dany step up and use the big course to full advantage? The massive jump up on the hill is the defining feature of Glen Helen." Both Sherwood and Torres prefer the tighter stadium courses. Pages, who finished a close second a year ago to Potter, has been on fire this season with his impressive win in Mexico City and his three unmatchable tricks: the "Flair", the "Volt" and the "Special Flip". The fearless Frenchman, in second place with 165 points and just 15 points behind Torres, will find the unique "wall ride" back in Glen Helen as well as an improved quarter-pipe that he can use for his 540-degree mid-air "Flair" jump. As massive as the 2012 track was, the 2013 course will increase in size, with more dirt, more features and more action. The step-up will grow to two stages. These additional uphill and downhill options will result in the biggest transfer jump in the history of freestyle motocross.
The best FMX riders in the world are set to step it up once again and push the sport forward. FMX-Hero Nate Adams will celebrate his tour-comeback in Glen Helen. Adams won the 2009 and 2010 Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour and was the runner-up in 2011.
This will be the second straight year that the Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour has made a stop in Glen Helen, a FMX hotbed. The big crowd will clearly be behind Potter, from the nearby town of Temecula. He is back in eighth place this season with 40 points but could end up in the thick of the title hunt with a win and 100 points at home. Potter secured sixth place overall in 2012, his career-best.
To purchase tickets, visit Ticketmaster
There are two ticket options available:
General Admission: $15
Includes access to: standing room only, vendor row and the pit area. Please note this may require walking on steep, uneven terrain.
Grandstand Seating: $25
Includes access to vendor row and the pit area and a reserved spot to sit in the Grandstands. Each Grandstand section is open seating. You will be able to choose your Grandstand section based on ticket availability.
Red Bull X-Fighters has partnered with Swatch, Fox Racing, GoPro and Spy for the Glen Helen event.
In case you cannot make it to Glen Helen watch the event live on:
www.redbullxfighters.com or on www.fuel.tv
Glen Helen Riders List 2013:
Levi Sherwood (NZL)
Tom Pagès (FRA)
Dany Torres (ESP)
Javier Villegas (CHL)
Nate Adams (USA)
Todd Potter (USA)
Josh Sheehan (AUS)
Rob Adelberg (AUS)
Taka Higashino (JPN)
Wes Agee (USA)
Adam Jones (USA)
David Rinaldo (FRA)
- 18.04.2014 : Leduc Focused On Pro 4 Competition For Lake Elsinore | LOORRS - Lake Elsinore, CA
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview