Dany Torres 3rd in Points After X-Fighters Japan
FMX - Osaka, Japan
This weekend the fourth round of Red Bull X-Fighters was held in Osaka, Japan, where I finished in sixth position.
The week was a bit complicated due to a problem with my stabilizer that we finally could solve although not as well as expected. I could finally ride quite well and on Friday’s qualification I got fourth position. I was happy as it was a pretty good result and I knew I could improve my run the next day.
My quarter-final round was against the American rider Adam Jones, who made a perfect and solid run forcing me to go big without mistakes. I could finally do a good run, putting all the tricks I had planned without mistakes, but apparently my run was not good enough for the judges because I was eliminated by just 12 points and I finally got 6th. Honestly, I was a little surprised and did not completely agree with the judges, but well, I accepted it and will try to improve for the next event. The final victory went to the Japanese rider Taka Higashino followed by Tom Pagès and Adam Jones was 3rd.
The whole competition was very good, without any problems. The organization was perfect and all riders went really big, a perfect event to honor our great friend, and sadly deceased,Eigo Sato. We missed him too much in his own country.
This last month, I have been competing and traveling every week so now it’s time to have a small rest and I will take a week's vacation with my wife. When I am back I will start practicing and riding again with greater motivation for the next stop, Madrid.
A big hug and thanks everyone for your support,
Watch the event highlights from Red Bull.
- 19.11.2014 : Interview: Troy Lee | Company
- 11.11.2014 : Redmond and Graffunder Take on Ukupacha in Ecuador | Enduro - Ukupacha, Ecuador
- 10.11.2014 : USA Got Hold of Junior Trophy Victory in Argentina | Off-Road - San Juan, Argentina
- 06.11.2014 : Mitchell DeJong Clinches 2014 GRC Lites Championship | Global Rallycross Lites - Las Vegas, NV
- 05.11.2014 : Behind The Scenes with Kiwi Indycar Champ Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 04.11.2014 : Lusty Industries Opens In New Zealand | Newcastle, NSW Australia
- 03.11.2014 : Runner-Up Finish for ESM Patrón at Shanghai | WEC - Shanghai, China
- 03.11.2014 : From Joyride to Rampage to unReal: Brandon Semenuk's Non-Stop Year | Freeride MTB
- 30.10.2014 : Interview: Darryn Durham on Supercross Africa | Supercross - Pretoria, South Africa
- 17.10.2014 : Vinny Nuzzolilli AMA Pro Hillclimb Unlimited Champion | Pro Hillclimb - Oregonia, OH