Dany Torres 3rd in Points After X-Fighters Japan
FMX - Osaka, Japan
This weekend the fourth round of Red Bull X-Fighters was held in Osaka, Japan, where I finished in sixth position.
The week was a bit complicated due to a problem with my stabilizer that we finally could solve although not as well as expected. I could finally ride quite well and on Friday’s qualification I got fourth position. I was happy as it was a pretty good result and I knew I could improve my run the next day.
My quarter-final round was against the American rider Adam Jones, who made a perfect and solid run forcing me to go big without mistakes. I could finally do a good run, putting all the tricks I had planned without mistakes, but apparently my run was not good enough for the judges because I was eliminated by just 12 points and I finally got 6th. Honestly, I was a little surprised and did not completely agree with the judges, but well, I accepted it and will try to improve for the next event. The final victory went to the Japanese rider Taka Higashino followed by Tom Pagès and Adam Jones was 3rd.
The whole competition was very good, without any problems. The organization was perfect and all riders went really big, a perfect event to honor our great friend, and sadly deceased,Eigo Sato. We missed him too much in his own country.
This last month, I have been competing and traveling every week so now it’s time to have a small rest and I will take a week's vacation with my wife. When I am back I will start practicing and riding again with greater motivation for the next stop, Madrid.
A big hug and thanks everyone for your support,
Watch the event highlights from Red Bull.
- 07.07.2015 : New Troy Lee Designs Canadian Funny Car Schedules Debut | Funny Car - Edmonton AB, Canada
- 06.07.2015 : TLD Riders Celebrate Fourth of July with Heartfelt Efforts | AMA Pro Motocross -Buchanan, MI
- 29.06.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Endure Weather As Season Hits Halfway Point | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 29.06.2015 : TLD’s Noren Bounces Back For Solid Moto 2 Finish at Budds Creek | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 26.06.2015 : Scott Dixon Looks to Complete Career California Track Sweep | IndyCar - Fontana, CA
- 23.06.2015 : Ward Wins Pole and Takes 4th in Red Bull GRC Debut at Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.06.2015 : Block Takes 2nd at Rd 3 of 2015 Red Bull GRC Season in Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 18.06.2015 : Podium Finish for Dempsey and Long at Le Mans | Auto Racing - Le Mans, France
- 15.06.2015 : TLD's Seely and Noren Earn Top-10 Finishes in Pennsylvania | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : Top-10 Results for TLD’s Nelson and McElrath at High Point National | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA