Dany Torres 3rd in Points After X-Fighters Japan
FMX - Osaka, Japan
This weekend the fourth round of Red Bull X-Fighters was held in Osaka, Japan, where I finished in sixth position.
The week was a bit complicated due to a problem with my stabilizer that we finally could solve although not as well as expected. I could finally ride quite well and on Friday’s qualification I got fourth position. I was happy as it was a pretty good result and I knew I could improve my run the next day.
My quarter-final round was against the American rider Adam Jones, who made a perfect and solid run forcing me to go big without mistakes. I could finally do a good run, putting all the tricks I had planned without mistakes, but apparently my run was not good enough for the judges because I was eliminated by just 12 points and I finally got 6th. Honestly, I was a little surprised and did not completely agree with the judges, but well, I accepted it and will try to improve for the next event. The final victory went to the Japanese rider Taka Higashino followed by Tom Pagès and Adam Jones was 3rd.
The whole competition was very good, without any problems. The organization was perfect and all riders went really big, a perfect event to honor our great friend, and sadly deceased,Eigo Sato. We missed him too much in his own country.
This last month, I have been competing and traveling every week so now it’s time to have a small rest and I will take a week's vacation with my wife. When I am back I will start practicing and riding again with greater motivation for the next stop, Madrid.
A big hug and thanks everyone for your support,
Watch the event highlights from Red Bull.
- 26.01.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Rider Cole Seely Grabs Season Best Finish in Fifth | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 26.01.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Wins Record Sixth Rolex 24 At Daytona | Rolex 24 Hours - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL
- 22.01.2015 : Team TLD's Ascent to the Top of American Motocross | Troy Lee Designs - Company History
- 20.01.2015 : MXP Chatter: Kyle Keast | Motocross - Canada
- 20.01.2015 : American Champion Jared Mees Wins 2015 Troy Bayliss Classic | Flat Track - Taree, Australia
- 20.01.2015 : CBR's Zach Herfindahl Wins At Grafton | Snocross - Grafton, ND