Danica Patrick wins on Food Network's 'Chopped'
NASCAR - Indianapolis, IN
Patrick, who has taken classes at The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in St. Helena, Calif., won the cooking competition, beating former NFL running back Tiki Barber, celebrity bodyguard and Hells Angel Chuck Zito and 12-time Olympic medalist swimmer Natalie Coughlin. The athletes competed to win $10,000 for their favorite charity. Patrick's charity of choice was the COPD Foundation; her grandmother died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
On "Chopped," contestants create three dishes — an appetizer, entree and dessert —using ingredients from mystery baskets. In the appetizer round, contestants had 20 minutes to make a dish using salmon filets, candy-coated peanuts, redbor kale and lemon-lime sports drink. The 30-minute entree round ingredients included spinach, filet mignon, almonds and chocolate-covered marshmallows. Contestants then had 30 minutes to make a dessert using protein powder, caramel popcorn, tangelos and olive oil cake.
The competition came down to Patrick and Coughlin in the final round. Celeb chef judges Marcus Samuelson, Alex Guarnaschelli and Chris Santos favored Patrick's dessert sandwich over Coughlin's bread pudding.
Allen, who called Patrick "a pro at the stove," enjoyed the competition.
"One of the more amusing and interesting things about being on a TV show: You never know who's watching," he said. "Movie stars, senators, rock stars, NBA players — who knows? So it was extremely fun to find out that Danica Patrick is among our fans, and we're honored and excited to know that such a great competitor on the track appreciates the competition that happens in the 'Chopped' kitchen."
- 19.11.2014 : Interview: Troy Lee | Company
- 11.11.2014 : Redmond and Graffunder Take on Ukupacha in Ecuador | Enduro - Ukupacha, Ecuador
- 10.11.2014 : USA Got Hold of Junior Trophy Victory in Argentina | Off-Road - San Juan, Argentina
- 06.11.2014 : Mitchell DeJong Clinches 2014 GRC Lites Championship | Global Rallycross Lites - Las Vegas, NV
- 05.11.2014 : Behind The Scenes with Kiwi Indycar Champ Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 04.11.2014 : Lusty Industries Opens In New Zealand | Newcastle, NSW Australia
- 03.11.2014 : Runner-Up Finish for ESM Patrón at Shanghai | WEC - Shanghai, China
- 03.11.2014 : From Joyride to Rampage to unReal: Brandon Semenuk's Non-Stop Year | Freeride MTB
- 30.10.2014 : Interview: Darryn Durham on Supercross Africa | Supercross - Pretoria, South Africa
- 17.10.2014 : Vinny Nuzzolilli AMA Pro Hillclimb Unlimited Champion | Pro Hillclimb - Oregonia, OH