Danica Patrick wins on Food Network's 'Chopped'
NASCAR - Indianapolis, IN
Patrick, who has taken classes at The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in St. Helena, Calif., won the cooking competition, beating former NFL running back Tiki Barber, celebrity bodyguard and Hells Angel Chuck Zito and 12-time Olympic medalist swimmer Natalie Coughlin. The athletes competed to win $10,000 for their favorite charity. Patrick's charity of choice was the COPD Foundation; her grandmother died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
On "Chopped," contestants create three dishes — an appetizer, entree and dessert —using ingredients from mystery baskets. In the appetizer round, contestants had 20 minutes to make a dish using salmon filets, candy-coated peanuts, redbor kale and lemon-lime sports drink. The 30-minute entree round ingredients included spinach, filet mignon, almonds and chocolate-covered marshmallows. Contestants then had 30 minutes to make a dessert using protein powder, caramel popcorn, tangelos and olive oil cake.
The competition came down to Patrick and Coughlin in the final round. Celeb chef judges Marcus Samuelson, Alex Guarnaschelli and Chris Santos favored Patrick's dessert sandwich over Coughlin's bread pudding.
Allen, who called Patrick "a pro at the stove," enjoyed the competition.
"One of the more amusing and interesting things about being on a TV show: You never know who's watching," he said. "Movie stars, senators, rock stars, NBA players — who knows? So it was extremely fun to find out that Danica Patrick is among our fans, and we're honored and excited to know that such a great competitor on the track appreciates the competition that happens in the 'Chopped' kitchen."
- 30.01.2015 : Justin Jones Tops Bud Light SCORE San Felipe 250 | Off-Road - Baja, Mexico
- 28.01.2015 : Brandon Semenuk Slopestyle/Freeride Athlete of the Year | MTB - Pinkbike Awards
- 28.01.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Gold at Winter X Games 2015 | Snowmobile Hillcross - Aspen, CO
- 28.01.2015 : Tye Simmonds Scores 1st Place Finish at Deep Well MX | Off-Road - Alice Springs, Australia
- 26.01.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Rider Cole Seely Grabs Season Best Finish in Fifth | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 26.01.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Wins Record Sixth Rolex 24 At Daytona | Rolex 24 Hours - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL