Danica Patrick wins on Food Network's 'Chopped'
NASCAR - Indianapolis, IN
Patrick, who has taken classes at The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in St. Helena, Calif., won the cooking competition, beating former NFL running back Tiki Barber, celebrity bodyguard and Hells Angel Chuck Zito and 12-time Olympic medalist swimmer Natalie Coughlin. The athletes competed to win $10,000 for their favorite charity. Patrick's charity of choice was the COPD Foundation; her grandmother died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
On "Chopped," contestants create three dishes — an appetizer, entree and dessert —using ingredients from mystery baskets. In the appetizer round, contestants had 20 minutes to make a dish using salmon filets, candy-coated peanuts, redbor kale and lemon-lime sports drink. The 30-minute entree round ingredients included spinach, filet mignon, almonds and chocolate-covered marshmallows. Contestants then had 30 minutes to make a dessert using protein powder, caramel popcorn, tangelos and olive oil cake.
The competition came down to Patrick and Coughlin in the final round. Celeb chef judges Marcus Samuelson, Alex Guarnaschelli and Chris Santos favored Patrick's dessert sandwich over Coughlin's bread pudding.
Allen, who called Patrick "a pro at the stove," enjoyed the competition.
"One of the more amusing and interesting things about being on a TV show: You never know who's watching," he said. "Movie stars, senators, rock stars, NBA players — who knows? So it was extremely fun to find out that Danica Patrick is among our fans, and we're honored and excited to know that such a great competitor on the track appreciates the competition that happens in the 'Chopped' kitchen."
- 28.08.2014 : Unsung Hero: Fredrik Noren on the 2014 MX Season | AMA Motocross - RacerX Interview
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA