Danica Patrick wins on Food Network's 'Chopped'
NASCAR - Indianapolis, IN
Patrick, who has taken classes at The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in St. Helena, Calif., won the cooking competition, beating former NFL running back Tiki Barber, celebrity bodyguard and Hells Angel Chuck Zito and 12-time Olympic medalist swimmer Natalie Coughlin. The athletes competed to win $10,000 for their favorite charity. Patrick's charity of choice was the COPD Foundation; her grandmother died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
On "Chopped," contestants create three dishes — an appetizer, entree and dessert —using ingredients from mystery baskets. In the appetizer round, contestants had 20 minutes to make a dish using salmon filets, candy-coated peanuts, redbor kale and lemon-lime sports drink. The 30-minute entree round ingredients included spinach, filet mignon, almonds and chocolate-covered marshmallows. Contestants then had 30 minutes to make a dessert using protein powder, caramel popcorn, tangelos and olive oil cake.
The competition came down to Patrick and Coughlin in the final round. Celeb chef judges Marcus Samuelson, Alex Guarnaschelli and Chris Santos favored Patrick's dessert sandwich over Coughlin's bread pudding.
Allen, who called Patrick "a pro at the stove," enjoyed the competition.
"One of the more amusing and interesting things about being on a TV show: You never know who's watching," he said. "Movie stars, senators, rock stars, NBA players — who knows? So it was extremely fun to find out that Danica Patrick is among our fans, and we're honored and excited to know that such a great competitor on the track appreciates the competition that happens in the 'Chopped' kitchen."
- 05.12.2013 : Red Bull Straight Rhythm to Debut on NBC | Supercross - Red Bull
- 05.12.2013 : Beyond the Bike: Micayla Gatto | Dirt Magazine Interview
- 05.12.2013 : Aim High Season Two Premieres Exclusively on Crackle | TV Guide Exclusive
- 04.12.2013 : #NotBad - Interview with Semenuk and Wittenburg | More Dirt Interview
- 02.12.2013 : Willoughby Wins Back-To-Back USA BMX Titles | BMX - Tulsa, OK
- 02.12.2013 : Christian Brothers Racing Scores 2 Wins at Snocross Opener | Snocross - Duluth, MN
- 02.12.2013 : Rider Check: Ronnie Stewart | Vital MX Interview
- 28.11.2013 : "Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans" Marathon Thanksgiving Day on Velocity | Auto Racing - Velocity Network
- 27.11.2013 : Privateer Profile: Robert Lind | Racer X Interview
- 27.11.2013 : Blais Racing Services Fasst CO Race Report | NHHA Off-Road - Johnson Valley, CA