Danica Patrick to Pursue Other Racing Interests
Indycar - Andretti Autosport
Andretti Autosport and Danica Patrick announced today that they have a mutual agreement to part ways at the conclusion of the 2011 IZOD IndyCar Series. Patrick, who has driven for Andretti Autosport since 2007, will pursue other interests in 2012.
Michael Andretti, president and CEO of Andretti Autosport, said he wishes Patrick nothing but the best in her upcoming endeavors and that she is always welcomed to come back to his organization.
"Danica enjoyed the most success ever by a female driver in the world of motorsports and was a leading marketing force within IndyCar," said Andretti. "I wish her only continued success in her career. I want to thank Danica for her valued time with our team."
Patrick became the first female driver to win a major open-wheel event in April, 2008 when she drove the No. 7 Andretti Autosport car to victory at the Twin Ring Motegi oval track in Japan. In addition, she recorded 16 top-five finishes and 45 top-tens in her five years at Andretti Autosport. She placed fifth in the 2009 final IZOD IndyCar Series point standings.
"While I’m excited for what lies ahead in the coming year and beyond, I also have to thank Andretti Autosport for the opportunities they’ve given me over the past several seasons,” said Patrick. “I’ve grown a lot as a driver with Andretti Autosport and I’m thankful I was able to be a part of the organization. It’s great to be competitive each week and I was in large part because of my crew and engineers and their dedication to success. I earned my first major auto racing victory with the Team in Japan in 2008 and that wouldn’t have been possible without the Team’s hard work and support."
Andretti Autosport is one of the nation’s leading sports properties and plans to announce the status of longtime sponsor GoDaddy.com in the near future.
- 05.12.2013 : Red Bull Straight Rhythm to Debut on NBC | Supercross - Red Bull
- 05.12.2013 : Beyond the Bike: Micayla Gatto | Dirt Magazine Interview
- 05.12.2013 : Aim High Season Two Premieres Exclusively on Crackle | TV Guide Exclusive
- 04.12.2013 : #NotBad - Interview with Semenuk and Wittenburg | More Dirt Interview
- 02.12.2013 : Willoughby Wins Back-To-Back USA BMX Titles | BMX - Tulsa, OK
- 02.12.2013 : Christian Brothers Racing Scores 2 Wins at Snocross Opener | Snocross - Duluth, MN
- 02.12.2013 : Rider Check: Ronnie Stewart | Vital MX Interview
- 28.11.2013 : "Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans" Marathon Thanksgiving Day on Velocity | Auto Racing - Velocity Network
- 27.11.2013 : Privateer Profile: Robert Lind | Racer X Interview
- 27.11.2013 : Blais Racing Services Fasst CO Race Report | NHHA Off-Road - Johnson Valley, CA