Crutchlow Finishes 4th at Phillip Island
MotoGP - Victoria, Australia
The Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider started sixth at Phillip Island but would eventually lose out on a podium finish to Yamaha Factory Racing’s Valentino Rossi by just over one tenth of a second.
"It was a bit of shame that I couldn’t finish on the podium but to be honest I’d have only been there because of what happened to Marc (Marquez)," Crutchlow began to explain. "But I am happy because I rode really well. The problem once again was my start. I have got to work on that because once again it wasn’t acceptable.
"The positive point is I had good consistency in the race and I was a lot faster than I expected, given what had happened with the tyres over the weekend. It was good to race so close to Valentino on the factory Yamaha and I enjoyed it."
On this occasion, it was a three-way duel for the final rostrum result as GO&FUN Honda Gresini’s Alvaro Bautista was also involved in the fight.
"It was a very hard but fair battle with (Valentino) and Alvaro," Crutchlow continued. "I actually thought there was one more lap but, because I’d been so close to Valentino on the straight, I’d not seen my pit board. I’d have liked to be on the podium but fourth is my best result for a few races and hopefully we can be strong in Japan next weekend."
In Japan this weekend, Englishman Crutchlow will push for a fifth podium finish of the season, having been yet to finish inside the top three since July’s German Grand Prix.
- 18.04.2014 : Leduc Focused On Pro 4 Competition For Lake Elsinore | LOORRS - Lake Elsinore, CA
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview