Crutchlow Finishes 4th at Phillip Island
MotoGP - Victoria, Australia
The Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider started sixth at Phillip Island but would eventually lose out on a podium finish to Yamaha Factory Racing’s Valentino Rossi by just over one tenth of a second.
"It was a bit of shame that I couldn’t finish on the podium but to be honest I’d have only been there because of what happened to Marc (Marquez)," Crutchlow began to explain. "But I am happy because I rode really well. The problem once again was my start. I have got to work on that because once again it wasn’t acceptable.
"The positive point is I had good consistency in the race and I was a lot faster than I expected, given what had happened with the tyres over the weekend. It was good to race so close to Valentino on the factory Yamaha and I enjoyed it."
On this occasion, it was a three-way duel for the final rostrum result as GO&FUN Honda Gresini’s Alvaro Bautista was also involved in the fight.
"It was a very hard but fair battle with (Valentino) and Alvaro," Crutchlow continued. "I actually thought there was one more lap but, because I’d been so close to Valentino on the straight, I’d not seen my pit board. I’d have liked to be on the podium but fourth is my best result for a few races and hopefully we can be strong in Japan next weekend."
In Japan this weekend, Englishman Crutchlow will push for a fifth podium finish of the season, having been yet to finish inside the top three since July’s German Grand Prix.
- 30.01.2015 : Justin Jones Tops Bud Light SCORE San Felipe 250 | Off-Road - Baja, Mexico
- 28.01.2015 : Brandon Semenuk Slopestyle/Freeride Athlete of the Year | MTB - Pinkbike Awards
- 28.01.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Gold at Winter X Games 2015 | Snowmobile Hillcross - Aspen, CO
- 28.01.2015 : Tye Simmonds Scores 1st Place Finish at Deep Well MX | Off-Road - Alice Springs, Australia
- 26.01.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Rider Cole Seely Grabs Season Best Finish in Fifth | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 26.01.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Wins Record Sixth Rolex 24 At Daytona | Rolex 24 Hours - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL