Crutchlow Comes Through With Solid 2nd at Sachsenring
MotoGP - Saxony, Germany
Despite his physical condition at the intricate Sachsenring track, where overtaking opportunities are notoriously scarce, Crutchlow came through on the likes of Aleix Espargaro, Stefan Bradl and Valentino Rossi for another solid second place.
“I tried my best and I got as close to Marc as I could,” Crutchlow explained. “I initially got a good start and then Marc came across but and I rolled off and was into sixth position and I had to make some passes. But I’m pleased with this results and Monster Yamaha Tech 3 have done a fantastic job here. We are now consistently challenging towards the front in MotoGP.”
The Isle of Man-based competitor added: “It’s good to be up here and it is good to be back on the podium. I’m physically drained after this weekend in which I’ve had two bad crashes. I want to say thanks to my fans. I never gave up and hopefully we can see more of that in Laguna Seca.”
Crutchlow’s mid-race overtake on Rossi puts him above the Italian by six points in fourth place in the standings, 20 points behind third-placed Jorge Lorenzo and 31 points adrift of new leader Marquez.
The result also saw Crutchlow become the first British rider to have four or more podium finishes in a single season in the premier class since Barry Sheene in 1982.
- 30.01.2016 : Oakland SX Race Report | Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2016 : Race Report Anaheim 2 | Anaheim, CA
- 16.01.2016 : Race Report San Diego 1 | San Diego, CA
- 15.01.2016 : Update On Jessy Nelson's Practice Crash | Corona, CA
- 09.01.2016 : TLDs Jessy Nelson Starts Off in Championship Hunt | Anaheim, CA
- 09.01.2016 : TLDs Cole Seely Races to Podium Finish at Season Opener | Anaheim, CA
- 01.01.2016 : TLD And FMF Factory KTM Offroad Partner | Corona, CA
- 08.12.2015 : KTM FACTORY MEDIA INTRO | Corona, CA
- 28.11.2015 : 2015 East Coast Mini Olympics Report | Gainsville, FL
- 16.11.2015 : Bud-Racing’s Lillie SX Race Report | Moto - Lillie, France