Cory Graffunder Tackles TKO Podium
AMA Endurocross - Sequatchie, TN
"It was tough," Graffunder said. "It was really wet. It rained all night and the morning of the race it didn't dry out at all." The wet conditions actually played to Cory's advantage, and he admits he was "definitely stoked when it was raining. The rocks were slick and the dirt was clay - really slimy when it was wet. It would have been a completely different race if it was dry."
Graffunder started the day off well by sailing through the qualifier races. "I just treated it like a trail ride and tried to conserve energy for the final," Cory explained. "Those courses were really tough but I just wanted to get through it all and find some energy for the final."
His strategy paid off, and as rider after rider pulled off the course during the eight-lap final, Cory pressed forward into the top-three. Though he badgered Taylor Robert in the last half of the race for second place, Graffunder ultimately settled in for a close third at the end of the day.
"I was pumped on that," Cory said. "They actually took some of the sections out because it was too difficult after all the rain. I was bummed at first because I thought I could have done better with more hard sections, but if they would have left the one hill climb in I don't know if we would have made it every lap. It was the perfect difficulty for that race."
Be sure to follow Cory Graffunder and Team Husqvarna on Facebook or via Twitter @HusqvarnaNA.
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC
Husqvarna has continued to expand its professional race team to compete in AMA National Enduro, GNCC, EnduroCross and AMA West Hare Scrambles Series. Husqvarna team riders are competing aboard 2013 Husqvarna CR125, TC250R, TXC250R and TXC310R off-road models. Husqvarna Motorcycles are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships.
- 18.04.2014 : Leduc Focused On Pro 4 Competition For Lake Elsinore | LOORRS - Lake Elsinore, CA
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview