Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia
Motocross - Canada
“I’m pretty pissed about the weekend and result,” said Colton Facciotti following his weekend at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah where he went 16-DNS in the 450 class. “Speed wise everything was good but that crash on the first lap (of the first moto) slowed things down. It was over this dragon-back section where you could go triple-double or double-triple. I had to go double-double and then singled out, but I landed into a soft, muddy section and rode the front wheel for about 30 feet before the back end kicked up and the bike came crashing down on me.”
Troy Lee Designs Honda made room for Facciotti under their tent in Utah outfitting him a #124 CRF450R and Malcolm Stewart’s mechanic, Shawn. “The bike was awesome!” says Facciotti. “We brought down my suspension and a few parts, but everything else was provided to us. I really appreciate their support.”
Many times Facciotti has showed resilience, getting back up from a hard get-off and then putting on an incredible charge, bruised and battered. The GDR Troy Lee Designs Honda rider displayed another example of this toughness in Utah, rebounding from a first-lap cartwheel to race back to 16th at the finish. A strong ride, all things considered.
“I really wanted to pack it in [laughs],” recalls Facciotti after getting up from his crash. “But I couldn’t come all the way down here and not do something. It took me a bit of time to get back up and going, but I’m happy with how I rode after that.”
Following the moto, Facciotti was checked out by the Asterisk Medic Crew and it was decided to sit out the second 450 race. No major lingering injuries or head trauma, but Colton did add that his chest and body took a good blow.
“I bruised a lung and shoulder, but there’s lots of time before Latvia so we’re all good,” adds Facciotti.
Up next for Facciotti and the GDR TLD Honda team is the Motocross of Nations in Kegums, Latvia on September 27-28th. Facciotti teams up with Tyler Medaglia and Kaven Benoit to make Team Canada. When asked about preparing for a new track he’s never ridden before, like Kegums, Colton remains calm and cool and notes tHAT he’ll pick up the lines on the first lap and go from there.
There’s also chatter and progress happening with Facciotti being on the line at the Monster Energy Cup on October 18th in Las Vegas.
“There’s a lot to it and you need to get invited, but we are working on it,” says Colton regarding his entry into the “million dollar” Monster Energy dirt bike race. “It’s up in the air; we’ll know better within the next few weeks if we’re doing it or not.”
And could we see him racing SOME supercross in 2015?
“Aww, it’s not the goal; I am contracted to race and defend my Canadian title next year. But, we’ll see.”
- 01.09.2015 : Kirk Gibbs Takes MX Nationals Championship | Motocross - Coolum, Australia
- 01.09.2015 : Dixon Comes From Behind To Win 2015 IndyCar Championship | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 20.08.2015 : Gibbs On Verge of Clinching National MX1 Crown | MX Nationals - Australia
- 19.08.2015 : Mountain Biker Brandon Semenuk’s unReal Video: Long Shot Pays Off | Freeride MTB