Cole Seely Goes Big in St. Louis
AMA Supercross - St. Louis, MO
Coming off a head-turning sixth place finish last weekend as a fill-in rider aboard Trey Canard’s Muscle Milk Honda, Cole Seely had his sights set on a top five in Missouri. Cole looked great all day and even started the main event well but instead of a top five finish he would post one of the top five most spectacular crashes in the series so far.
Cole was especially impressive in his heat race where he finished second behind James Stewart. Who would have thought Cole Seely would be beating Ryan Dungey in heat races this year? It proved that last weekend was no fluke and that Cole was ready to give it 100% in the main event.
The main started off well as Seely fought for position inside the top ten. But several laps in he made a mistake going over the tunnel and stepped off the bike in dramatic fashion. Fortunately Cole walked away without injury, though it was a crash that those in attendance won’t soon forget. Cole was credited with 19th position in St Louis.
“I’m bummed that I had that mistake because I was feeling really good out there,” said Seely of his crash. “The heat went great and I was hoping to carry that momentum into the final. It was a weird deal the way I got thrown off and I’m just happy that I didn’t hurt anything. Well, anything other than my result on the night. I’m looking forward to next weekend.”
Seely has two more rounds as a fill-in rider and then he returns to the Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda squad to finish up the west coast lites series.
TLD would like to thank all of our team sponsors: Lucas Oil, American Honda, PPG, Red Bull, Adidas, Oakley, Seaspan, Fender®, Dunlop, Renthal, Alpinestars, ODI, McQueen Racing, Hot Wheels, GoPro, Shock Doctor, Pro Circuit, Showa, VQ OrthoCare, Couts Heating & Cooling, Specialized, Kasey Kahne, N-Style, VP Racing Fuels, DubyaUSA, Moto Tassinari, PixelMags, ARC, Braking, Boyesen, Cycra, Mammoth Mountain, DID, Dirt Star, Hinson, Twin Air, Pacific Collision Centers, Sports Care Center, Elrod Racing, and New Era.
- 17.10.2014 : Vinny Nuzzolilli AMA Pro Hillclimb Unlimited Champion | Pro Hillclimb - Oregonia, OH
- 13.10.2014 : Greg Hancock Is 2014 Speedway World Champion | Speedway - Torun, Poland
- 06.10.2014 : Jessy Nelson 3rd at Red Bull Straight Rhythm 2014 | Race Team - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Darryn Durham | Race Team - Corona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : 32 Riders to Compete in Red Bull Straight Rhythm at Fairplex on October 4 | Supercross - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Vildosola Racing Leads the SCORE International Championship | SCORE - Imperial Valley, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Darryn Durham - Back In Orange And Black | Race Team
- 01.10.2014 : Brandon Semenuk is the FMB Overall Champion | Freeride MTB - Virgin, UT
- 29.09.2014 : Willoughby and Pajon Victorious at Chula Vista BMX | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark