Cole Seely Goes Big in St. Louis
AMA Supercross - St. Louis, MO
Coming off a head-turning sixth place finish last weekend as a fill-in rider aboard Trey Canard’s Muscle Milk Honda, Cole Seely had his sights set on a top five in Missouri. Cole looked great all day and even started the main event well but instead of a top five finish he would post one of the top five most spectacular crashes in the series so far.
Cole was especially impressive in his heat race where he finished second behind James Stewart. Who would have thought Cole Seely would be beating Ryan Dungey in heat races this year? It proved that last weekend was no fluke and that Cole was ready to give it 100% in the main event.
The main started off well as Seely fought for position inside the top ten. But several laps in he made a mistake going over the tunnel and stepped off the bike in dramatic fashion. Fortunately Cole walked away without injury, though it was a crash that those in attendance won’t soon forget. Cole was credited with 19th position in St Louis.
“I’m bummed that I had that mistake because I was feeling really good out there,” said Seely of his crash. “The heat went great and I was hoping to carry that momentum into the final. It was a weird deal the way I got thrown off and I’m just happy that I didn’t hurt anything. Well, anything other than my result on the night. I’m looking forward to next weekend.”
Seely has two more rounds as a fill-in rider and then he returns to the Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda squad to finish up the west coast lites series.
TLD would like to thank all of our team sponsors: Lucas Oil, American Honda, PPG, Red Bull, Adidas, Oakley, Seaspan, Fender®, Dunlop, Renthal, Alpinestars, ODI, McQueen Racing, Hot Wheels, GoPro, Shock Doctor, Pro Circuit, Showa, VQ OrthoCare, Couts Heating & Cooling, Specialized, Kasey Kahne, N-Style, VP Racing Fuels, DubyaUSA, Moto Tassinari, PixelMags, ARC, Braking, Boyesen, Cycra, Mammoth Mountain, DID, Dirt Star, Hinson, Twin Air, Pacific Collision Centers, Sports Care Center, Elrod Racing, and New Era.
- 28.08.2014 : Unsung Hero: Fredrik Noren on the 2014 MX Season | AMA Motocross - RacerX Interview
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA