Christian Scores Podium At Clash Of Nations
Snocross - Fertile, MN
Clash Of Nations features freestyle snowmobiles and snocross and takes place in a natural rock amphitheater that is part of the Lugnet sports facility in Falun. The X Games-caliber snocross track featured huge jumps and mogul sections and sweeping turns. CBR riders Logan Christian and Joel Westerlund competed in head-to-head racing on the first day of competition. Riders were matched in a knockout-style format and both CBR riders went out in the first round with Christian getting edged out by Swedish rider Filip Eriksson and Westerlund getting beat by Tucker Hibbert.
During Friday’s snocross racing Westerlund landed in the LCQ where he just missed a transfer spot to the final. Christian went 3-1-7 in heat racing and cruised into the final. A good start put him near the front of the pack and he settled into third place for the 12-lap race. Christian finished third against a highly-talented International field of riders setting third-fastest lap time of the race in the process.
“Standing on the box at Clash of Nations - what a way to end the season!” said Logan Christian. “Racing overseas is always a challenge. You have different food, long flights, strange beds, different rules - it makes it hard to adjust. But I am getting used to it and I feel like I’ve hit my groove over there and this podium is definitely something to build on for next season.”
“This is what we work for,” said Christian Brothers Racing team co-owner Dwight Christian. “Our crew and Bengan Westerlund’s crew worked hard and it got us on the podium on the world stage. It’s a great way to end our season and gives us momentum headed into next year.”
- 26.01.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Rider Cole Seely Grabs Season Best Finish in Fifth | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 26.01.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Wins Record Sixth Rolex 24 At Daytona | Rolex 24 Hours - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL
- 22.01.2015 : Team TLD's Ascent to the Top of American Motocross | Troy Lee Designs - Company History
- 20.01.2015 : MXP Chatter: Kyle Keast | Motocross - Canada
- 20.01.2015 : American Champion Jared Mees Wins 2015 Troy Bayliss Classic | Flat Track - Taree, Australia
- 20.01.2015 : CBR's Zach Herfindahl Wins At Grafton | Snocross - Grafton, ND