Christian Bros Racing Win Pro Classes at USCC OSLO 100
Snocross - Fertile, MN
Christian Brothers Racing cross-country riders Ryan Simons and D.J. Ekre split the Pro class wins the at the USCC Oslo 100 in Oslo, Minn., this past February 25, 2012. The Oslo area was hit by a snowstorm the week leading up to the race and
had a decent base before that so racers were on a foot of snow in most areas. The 27-mile race course sent riders down ditches, along treelines and down both the Snake and Red Rivers.
Ekre started the day off by taking the win the Pro Open class. Ekre posted a time of 23:19.365 on his Stud Boy Arctic Cat, some six seconds faster than the second place finisher. Simons finished third with a time of 24:05.512. Ekre was the favorite headed into the 108-mile Pro 600 race and was posting fast times on the charts for the first half of the race, but took a tumble on the third lap around the course allowing Simons to pass him. The pair had been leading the field on the course as well as on the time charts and once out front Simons set a fast pace, fast enough that he was able to put 18-second between his sled and the eventual second place finisher. While Ekre was able to get back on course after his tumble a mechanical failure on his machine put him out with just miles to go in his race.
The win marked the first of the season for Simons, who is the reigning USCC Pro 600 points champion.
"I had a great race," said Simons. "The course was great and I got into a really good rhythm. The rough ditches and twisty rivers were perfect for the Arctic Cat sleds. It was one of those days where everything just fell into place and when that happens you usually win."
Simons sits in 2nd place in USCC Pro 600 points, just five points out of first. Ekre is in 4th in Pro 600 and leading the Pro Open points where Simons sits in 3rd place.
While the CBR cross-country team was battling over the northern Minnesota terrain, Logan Christian, Garth Kaufman and Cory Davis were racing the ISOC Eastern National snocross in Farmington, N.Y. Christian, who suffered an injury while practicing during the week leading up to the race, got the doctor's OK to race but having suffered one partially-collapsed lung and another one bruised riding proved too painful and he had to drop out of actual racing and just took starts for points. The team's best showing at the two-day event came on Saturday when Kaufman went 3-3 in heats and finished 7th on his DRIFT Racing/Troy Lee Designs Arctic Cat in the final, bettering his 12th place finish from the previous day. Kaufman was also battling injuries sustained during the ISOC race at the Silverdome in Pontiac, Mich., February 10 where he bruised his spleen and both heels. Davis finished 10th on Friday and 15th on Saturday.
With just three events and six races left on the ISOC National schedule Kaufman sits in 7th place in Pro Open points. Davis is in 10th place and Christian, who missed some events due to injury, is back in 20th.
Next up for Christian Brothers Racing is the ISOC Fargo National scheduled to be held at Buffalo River Race Park March 2-4, 2012.
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 11.04.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Pre-Race Report: Long Beach Grand Prix 2014 | Auto Racing - Long Beach, CA