Christian Bros Racing Lands Podiums and Top 10 Finishes
Snocross - Deluth, MN
A short, tight track and a highly-competitive field of racers made for a tough weekend of racing for the Christian Brothers Racing team this past weekend at the Duluth National Snocross in Duluth, Minn. One of the biggest weekends on the ISOC National schedule, the Duluth National Snocross is the traditional season opener for the snowmobile racing world. Fresh off a Thanksgiving Day of turkey, stuffing and football, fans and racers funneled onto the hill at Spirit Mountain to see the world’s best kick off the season Friday night with the Dominator race, a head-to-head bracket-style elimination event that held a $10,000 check for the winner. CBR riders Logan Christian and Garth Kaufman were eliminated by two riders who ultimately faced each other in the money round.
On Saturday night the team came back to compete in Round 1 of 16 events scheduled for the 2012-2013 season. Christian went 2-3 in heats on his DRIFT Racing/Troy Lee Designs-backed Arctic Cat, grooming his path into the front row for the final. Kaufman had trouble getting momentum on his Michelob Golden Draft Light-sponsored Arctic Cat and ended up in the LCQ where he came up short on a transfer spot. With snow falling under the lights, the green flag flew and Christian powered off the line into a spot near the front of the pack and held his ground for the entire race, claiming a 7th place finish.
“It was such a short track we were into lapped sleds early in the race, so it was hard to tell what place I was in,” said Christian. “I just kept pushing and hoping for the best and it paid off with a good finish.”
Round 2 took place Sunday afternoon under overcast skies. A couple of mid-pack finishes landed Christian in the LCQ which he won, earning a spot in the back row for the final. Kaufman’s day went bad when he got t-boned by another racer during heat racing. The impact knocked his side panel loose which resulted in a black flag. With a large field of racers on hand for the opener the non-finish meant he wouldn’t even earn a spot in the LCQ at Duluth, a race where he’s stood on the podium in past years.
“We did everything right, the sled was working and I felt good,” said Kaufman. “The circumstances didn’t play out like we hoped and that’s how it goes sometimes. We will look forward to the next race in Bessemer, Michigan.”
Sunday’s final was another chaotic one and Christian ran as high as 4th place until falling back to 10th.
Evan Christian went 2-3 in heats and went on to claim a podium finish in the Transition 8-12 class. CBR-backed rider Trent Wittwer also scored a third-place podium finish in the Junior Novice 10-13 class.
“The team had a great weekend,” said team co-owner Dwight Christian. “Two podiums, strong heats, solid finals, the sleds are working great and everyone is healthy. We need some luck to go our way, but we are heading into the next race in great shape looking to take some more podiums!”
Up next for the Christian Brothers Racing team is the ISOC Blackjack Snocross National in Bessemer, Michigan, December 7-8, 2012. For more information on Christian Brothers Racing visit www.christianbrosracing.com.
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark
- 11.09.2014 : Juan Pablo Montoya Excited About 2015 IndyCar Potential | IndyCar
- 11.09.2014 : Catching Up With Nathan Bles 2014 | Motocross - Canada
- 10.09.2014 : Between The Motos: Tyler Keefe | Motocross/Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 09.09.2014 : Race Recap: Toby Price's 2014 Season | Off-Road - Australia
- 09.09.2014 : Women on Bikes Series - Leigh Donovan | MTB - Life on Two Wheels Interview
- 09.09.2014 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Amateur Standout Sean Cantrell | Corona, CA
- 08.09.2014 : Interview: Luca Cometti | MTB MAG Interview
- 08.09.2014 : Red Bull District Ride: Victory of Brandon Semenuk | Freeride MTB - Nuremberg, Germany
- 05.09.2014 : Competition Eliminator: Johnny Greaves Delivers Big In 2014 | TORC - Crandon, WI