Chris Holder: Tough In The Rough
Speedway - Australia
The Sydneysider admits the ZKS Polonia Stadium track offered plenty of grip in the closing stages of the meeting. But having suffered a broken wrist and fractured neck just six weeks previously, he was unable to make use of it.
Holder, whose joker win in heat six put Australia firmly in the hunt, said:
We had a patch in the middle where we were really good. Towards the end, the track just got a bit rough. To be honest, I couldn’t hold on that well in the rough stuff and that was the line you had to be on. Maybe if I’d had a few more meetings under my belt I would have been okay. But I couldn’t get through it and my last two races were pretty poor by my standards. I just had to try and make a start and get out in front. That wasn’t easy, though, with Poland and Denmark battling it out for the win.
Coming back for the World Cup was tough. I didn’t want to let anyone down. The Race Off was okay – the track was a lot slicker and held together. It cut up quite a lot in the last couple of brackets of heats on Saturday and the fastest way was to use the dirt. Every time I had a go at it, I wasn’t feeling it. But we’ll be back.
Third place is not ideal, but I think we did pretty well to get there and get on the podium again.
- 28.01.2015 : Brandon Semenuk Slopestyle/Freeride Athlete of the Year | MTB - Pinkbike Awards
- 28.01.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Gold at Winter X Games 2015 | Snowmobile Hillcross - Aspen, CO
- 28.01.2015 : Tye Simmonds Scores 1st Place Finish at Deep Well MX | Off-Road - Alice Springs, Australia
- 26.01.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Rider Cole Seely Grabs Season Best Finish in Fifth | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 26.01.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Wins Record Sixth Rolex 24 At Daytona | Rolex 24 Hours - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL
- 22.01.2015 : Team TLD's Ascent to the Top of American Motocross | Troy Lee Designs - Company History