Chris Holder: Tough In The Rough
Speedway - Australia
The Sydneysider admits the ZKS Polonia Stadium track offered plenty of grip in the closing stages of the meeting. But having suffered a broken wrist and fractured neck just six weeks previously, he was unable to make use of it.
Holder, whose joker win in heat six put Australia firmly in the hunt, said:
We had a patch in the middle where we were really good. Towards the end, the track just got a bit rough. To be honest, I couldn’t hold on that well in the rough stuff and that was the line you had to be on. Maybe if I’d had a few more meetings under my belt I would have been okay. But I couldn’t get through it and my last two races were pretty poor by my standards. I just had to try and make a start and get out in front. That wasn’t easy, though, with Poland and Denmark battling it out for the win.
Coming back for the World Cup was tough. I didn’t want to let anyone down. The Race Off was okay – the track was a lot slicker and held together. It cut up quite a lot in the last couple of brackets of heats on Saturday and the fastest way was to use the dirt. Every time I had a go at it, I wasn’t feeling it. But we’ll be back.
Third place is not ideal, but I think we did pretty well to get there and get on the podium again.
- 28.05.2015 : Eighth for Jerome Clementz in EWS#2 Ireland | Enduro MTB - Glenealy, Ireland
- 26.05.2015 : Austin Dillon Dominates Nascar Xfinity Race At Charlotte | NASCAR - Charlotte, NC
- 26.05.2015 : Juan Pablo Montoya Outduels Power To Indianapolis 500 Victory | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 26.05.2015 : TLD’s Nelson Makes First Podium Appearance at Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 25.05.2015 : Seely’s Hard Charging Earned the TLD Rider First Top-10 Finish in the 450 Class | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA