Capps Wins at NHRA Arizona Nationals
Funny Car - Chandler, AZ
Ron Capps topped the Funny Car field this weekend at the NHRA Arizona Nationals at Firebird International Raceway.
Following Courtney Force's Funny Car win at Pomona, Calif. last weekend, this is the first time in NHRA history that two female drivers have won races in back-to-back events to open a season.
Capps raced to his 39th career victory and third at the event, outrunning Matt Hagan in the final round. Capps powered his Dodge Charger to a 4.064 at 314.90, while Hagan's Charger trailed at 4.158 and 300.33.
"We are starting to feel like we are getting into the same rhythm that we were last year when we went to six finals in a row," Capps said. "I think that both (crew chief) Rahn (Tobler) and I built up some confidence in each other [with our runner-up] at Pomona, and now here."
Enders-Stevens outran top qualifier Mike Edwards for her fifth career victory. She used a quicker reaction time in her Chevy Cobalt, finishing in 6.538 at 211.99. Edwards was a 6.520 at 213.74.
"My crew chief, Dave Connolly, reminded me that every time that Jimmie Johnson wins, we win," Enders-Stevens said. "And he told me that Jimmie won today's Daytona 500 prior to the final. So needless to say, we're going to be cheering for Jimmie all year."
Ron Capps, Dodge Charger, 4.064, 314.90 def. Matt Hagan, Charger, 4.158, 300.33.
Ron Capps, Dodge Charger, 4.061, 313.51 def. Tony Pedregon, Toyota Camry, 4.097, 299.06
Robert Hight, Ford Mustang, 5.703, 150.77 def. Johnny Gray, Charger, DQ
Matt Hagan, Charger, 4.078, 310.27 def. Phil Burkart, Chevy Impala, 4.389, 285.47
Todd Lesenko, Charger, 5.206, 191.92 def. Courtney Force, Mustang, 11.228, 46.83
Cruz Pedregon, Camry, 4.094, 289.76 def. Jeff Arend, Charger, 12.595, 66.51
John Force, Mustang, 4.047, 316.82 def. Alexis DeJoria, Camry, 4.164, 305.22
Bob Tasca III, Mustang, 4.336, 221.78 def. Jack Beckman, Charger, 6.342, 111.57
Tim Wilkerson, Mustang, 4.252, 245.94 def. Del Worsham, Camry, 5.295, 165.07
Capps, 4.059, 310.55 def. C. Pedregon, DQ
Hagan, 4.259, 254.76 def. Tasca III, 6.845, 97.60
J. Force, 8.107, 74.04 def. Lesenko, broke
Wilkerson, 4.102, 309.06 def. Hight, 6.937, 97.81
Capps, 4.037, 316.67 def. Wilkerson, 10.942, 85.73
Hagan, 4.049, 311.13 def. J. Force, 4.105, 315.56
Capps, 4.064, 314.90 def. Hagan, 4.158, 300.33
- 23.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Hosts Successful Wheels 4 Life Fundraiser | Company - Laguna Beach, CA
- 23.09.2015 : That Winning Feeling: Jessy Nelson Talks USGP Victory | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.09.2015 : 250 Words: Troy’s Boys On Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Gritty USGP Performance For Kirk Gibbs | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs on Top of the World at Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 18.09.2015 : Billy Laninovich - Molding Tomorrow’s Racers | Motocross - TWMX Interview
- 15.09.2015 : Daniel Sanders On Top of the World in ISDE E3 Division | Enduro - Kosice, Slovakia
- 14.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Launches All New Adventure Line For 2016 | Company - Corona, CA
- 11.09.2015 : Unsung Hero: Derek Schuster | Motocross - Canada
- 08.09.2015 : Count Me In - Jessy Nelson Talks MXGP Of USA | MXGP - Glen Helen, CA