Cam Zink Cinches Win at Crankworx Les 2 Alpes
Speed and Style - Les 2 Alpes, France
The SRAM Dual Speed & Style, the first live event webcast of Crankworx Les 2 Alpes, saw American slopestyle star Cam Zink ride to the top, consistently boosting huge airs and linking clean lines through the winding dual course at Crankworx Les 2 Alpes.
After running through the ladders the top riders were Cam Zink in first, Belgium’s Nico Vink in second and France’s Tomas Lemoine, a virtually unknown rider, in third.
“This event was the perfect mix of what mountain biking should be,” says Zink. “Racing, tricks and hanging it all out!”
The final run pit Zink, a slope rider who likes to race, against Vink, a racer who likes to jump. However, Zink out tricked Vink on both booters, pulling his spectacular signature trick, the “backflip nac-nac”, on the second jump; a 20 foot step-up that brought the riders into the finish corral.
Dual Speed & Style is a new event on the freeride mountain bike scene. Riders race through a dual course head-to-head for time and earn one second deductions for the most stylish tricks pulled on the mid-course booters. Partly influenced by motocross and then brought to life by Kyle Strait’s glory run through the dual course in Whistler during Crankworx in 2011, the SRAM Dual Speed & Style in Les 2 Alpes and the Dual Speed & Style presented by Avid at Crankworx Whistler are exciting additions to the world of freeride competition.
“The most exhilarating bout for me was Cam Zink versus Kyle Strait – they were neck and neck all the way down,” says Ryan Meyer, Crankworx Les 2 Alpes’ live host and sport announcer. “They are such good friends and started racing together when they were ten years old. Then they both traversed into the freestyle scene and now they are back racing together in an event that merges the two disciplines together.”
Next up on the Les 2 Alpes’ schedule of events is Qualifying for the Slopestyle presented by iXS from 14:45-16:30 UTC +2 | 5:45am-7:30am PDT followed by the grand finale, the Teva Best Trick from 17:00-19:00 UTC +2 | 8am-10am PDT on Friday, July 13 at 6:30-8:00pm.
The Red Bull Media House and Boombox Productions, Crankworx Whistler’s long time live event producers, will produce live webcasts to transmit Crankworx Les 2 Alpes to the masses via the internet.
Live Streaming Webcast Schedule for Crankworx Les 2 Alpes:
SRAM Dual Speed & Style
Webcast replay available at: http://live.redbull.tv/events/102/l2a-sram/
FMB World Tour: Slopestyle Qualifying presented by iXS
Friday, July 13 - 14:45pm-16:30 UTC +2 / 5:45am-7:30am PDT
Teva Best Trick Showdown
Friday, July 13 - 17:00-19:00 UTC +2 / 8am-10am PDT
FMB World Tour: Slopestyle presented by iXS
Saturday, July 14 - 17:30-19:30 UTC +2 / 8:30am-10:30am PDT
The webcasts, powered by Red Bull Media House, will be live streamed at www.crankworx.com, and http://live.redbull.tv/ and also by online media partners www.pinkbike.com and Adrenaline by L’equipe: http://www.e-adrenaline.fr/
ONLINE RESULTS: http://www.crankworx.com/les2alpes/en/results.php
Current event photography and videos to embed are available at the following links:
Stay tuned to www.crankworx.com for upcoming news and connect with Crankworx through Facebook.com/crankworx or Twitter.com/crankworx.
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 11.04.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Pre-Race Report: Long Beach Grand Prix 2014 | Auto Racing - Long Beach, CA