Bud Racing Team Leads the French Elite Series
FIM World Motocross
Paulin wins the MX2 class
Once more the main interest came from the MX2 riders, as Marvin Musquin, Steven Frossard and Gautier Paulin battled during the three races for the leadership in this class. Despite a race incident with an early crash after taking a stone in his front brake, Gautier came back fifth right behind Frossard while Musquin retired after a crash in the opening heat.
Taking another good start in the next race Gautier scored the best MX2 result with a fifth position, followed by Frossard and Musquin. Involved in a first corner pile up at the last race of the day Gautier didn't lost too much time in the incident, and was able to restart early and come back fourth behind Musquin. Before the last round in Iffendic Gautier is now leading the series by twelve points over Musquin, and seventeen over Frossard.
Vuillemin still leads the MX1 category
Winner of the four previous MX1 events and leader of the series, David Vuillemin had his worst day so far in Brou, a track where he got some good results more than a decade ago. Despite better starts than usual the Bud rider never felt confident on this track and decided to secure as many points as possible without taking any risk. Fifth, fourth and sixth, David finished fifth of the day two ranks behind Aranda who is now fourteen points behind him before the ultimate round, scheduled in nine weeks time.
David Vuillemin: 'It was a difficult weekend for me, I didn't felt confident and was not fast enough even if it was better race after race. It's just me who was not at my best, for sure I didn't raced on this track since more than ten years but that's not a reason. To be positive I will say that I had great starts this weekend, unfortunately I was not as strong as in Bellpuig where I was able to push without any problem. Now I will try to recover next weekend in Mallory Park, I'm still leading the French series but Greg is closer and we'll have to wait the next and last race in Iffendic to know who will be champion'
Gautier Paulin: 'I had a great day in Brou, with three good starts today after winning the qualifying race on Saturday. In the first race I got a stone in my front brake disk and I crashed, but then I was able to come back fifth behind Steven. The second heat was even better as I passed Marvin and Steven to finish first MX2 rider, and then at the last start I was involved in a crash and took the handle bar in my ribs. I came back once more to finish fourth, I'm leading the series even if it's not the most important for me as I took each race as a single one. It was hot but I felt well on the bike, I've worked really hard after Spain as I want to take back the red plate as soon as possible. To lose the red plate gave me an extra motivation, I will work again hard this week as I go in England to get it back on my Bud Kawasaki'
- 10.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Score Valuable Points at Daytona | AMA Supercross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 10.03.2014 : Kasey Kahne Takes 8th in Las Vegas | NASCAR - Las Vegas, NV
- 07.03.2014 : Servia to Race Select Races with Rahal Letterman Lanigan | IndyCar - Brownsburg, IN
- 06.03.2014 : Interview: Cole Seely - Replacement Killer | Supercross - TWMX Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Where Are They Now - Dave Cullinan | MTB - Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Troy Lee Designs' Malcolm Stewart to Race Daytona Supercross | Supercross - Corona, CA
- 04.03.2014 : Herfindahl and Joanis Win Pro Finals In Cross-Country and Snocross | Snocross - Warroad, MN
- 03.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Crowd the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 03.03.2014 : SCORE San Felipe 250 Victory Marks Historic Feat For Vildosola Racing | Off-Road - San Felipe, Mexico
- 28.02.2014 : SRAM Announces Formation of SRAM / Troy Lee Designs Mountain Bike Team | Chicago, IL