Blake Young Podiums with 2nd at Miller Motorsports Park
AMA Superbike - Tooele, UT
Team Yoshimura Suzuki Racing turned in another successful performance in the AMA Pro Superbike Championship this past weekend. Yoshimura Suzuki’s Blake Young made his seventh visit to the podium at Miller Motorsports Park on Monday afternoon while teammate Chris Clark lifted his game and brought home a very respectable eighth-place finish.
Yoshimura Suzuki’s Young made the most of his track time in Utah and qualified second on the starting grid. When the lights turned green, Young got a good launch on his Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000 and slotted into second immediately. He put his head down and held off the constant pressure from the competition before eventually finishing third. “Today was a pretty tough day,” said Wisconsin-born Young. “To start with, I went out in the morning warm-up and I made a rookie mistake and wrecked my good bike. The Yoshimura Suzuki team had a back-up GSX-R1000 for me but I only got a few laps on it before the race. Overall, it was a hard race and we ended up third, but I’m happy to get away from Miller with the points. Now, I’m ready to go home to Elkhart Lake, and spend some time with my friends and family and get back to racing at the front.”
Teammate Clark continues to increase his comfort level with the Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000 and has found more speed at almost every round. The race at Miller was no exception. After qualifying on the second row of the grid, Clark got a good start in the Superbike race and eventually settled into a solid eighth. From there, he clicked off consistent laps until the checkered flag flew. “Miller is my favorite track,” said Clark. “And I was pretty confident that the Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000 would go good there. I’m getting more and more comfortable with the bike with every opportunity that I get to ride it, and I think my results this weekend show that. I’ve said all along that my goal is to finish the season in the top five overall and this weekend I moved closer to that goal. Now I’m just looking forward to Road America next weekend and hopefully progressing more.”
The Yoshimura Suzuki road race team’s next event of the 2012 AMA Pro Superbike Championship series is at Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI, the weekend of June 1 - 3, 2012.
About Yoshimura R&D of America:
Yoshimura is “The Leader in Performance” and has been for more than 55 years. With unmatched skills, knowledge, and passion for racing, Yoshimura is on the forefront of the aftermarket exhaust industry. Yoshimura pipes are race bred and feature the same legendary performance, fit and quality that has been their trademark for more than five decades. To learn more about Yoshimura and view their wide variety of performance products, visit www.yoshimura-rd.com.
- 29.06.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Endure Weather As Season Hits Halfway Point | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 29.06.2015 : TLD’s Noren Bounces Back For Solid Moto 2 Finish at Budds Creek | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 26.06.2015 : Scott Dixon Looks to Complete Career California Track Sweep | IndyCar - Fontana, CA
- 23.06.2015 : Ward Wins Pole and Takes 4th in Red Bull GRC Debut at Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.06.2015 : Block Takes 2nd at Rd 3 of 2015 Red Bull GRC Season in Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 18.06.2015 : Podium Finish for Dempsey and Long at Le Mans | Auto Racing - Le Mans, France
- 15.06.2015 : TLD's Seely and Noren Earn Top-10 Finishes in Pennsylvania | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : Top-10 Results for TLD’s Nelson and McElrath at High Point National | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : TLD Bike Athletes Go Big at Rd 3 of MTB World Cup DH Series | DH MTB - Leogang, Austria
- 11.06.2015 : Price Sweeps to Fourth Finke Desert Race Win | Off-Road - Northern Territory, Australia