Blake Young Podiums with 2nd at Miller Motorsports Park
AMA Superbike - Tooele, UT
Team Yoshimura Suzuki Racing turned in another successful performance in the AMA Pro Superbike Championship this past weekend. Yoshimura Suzuki’s Blake Young made his seventh visit to the podium at Miller Motorsports Park on Monday afternoon while teammate Chris Clark lifted his game and brought home a very respectable eighth-place finish.
Yoshimura Suzuki’s Young made the most of his track time in Utah and qualified second on the starting grid. When the lights turned green, Young got a good launch on his Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000 and slotted into second immediately. He put his head down and held off the constant pressure from the competition before eventually finishing third. “Today was a pretty tough day,” said Wisconsin-born Young. “To start with, I went out in the morning warm-up and I made a rookie mistake and wrecked my good bike. The Yoshimura Suzuki team had a back-up GSX-R1000 for me but I only got a few laps on it before the race. Overall, it was a hard race and we ended up third, but I’m happy to get away from Miller with the points. Now, I’m ready to go home to Elkhart Lake, and spend some time with my friends and family and get back to racing at the front.”
Teammate Clark continues to increase his comfort level with the Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000 and has found more speed at almost every round. The race at Miller was no exception. After qualifying on the second row of the grid, Clark got a good start in the Superbike race and eventually settled into a solid eighth. From there, he clicked off consistent laps until the checkered flag flew. “Miller is my favorite track,” said Clark. “And I was pretty confident that the Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000 would go good there. I’m getting more and more comfortable with the bike with every opportunity that I get to ride it, and I think my results this weekend show that. I’ve said all along that my goal is to finish the season in the top five overall and this weekend I moved closer to that goal. Now I’m just looking forward to Road America next weekend and hopefully progressing more.”
The Yoshimura Suzuki road race team’s next event of the 2012 AMA Pro Superbike Championship series is at Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI, the weekend of June 1 - 3, 2012.
About Yoshimura R&D of America:
Yoshimura is “The Leader in Performance” and has been for more than 55 years. With unmatched skills, knowledge, and passion for racing, Yoshimura is on the forefront of the aftermarket exhaust industry. Yoshimura pipes are race bred and feature the same legendary performance, fit and quality that has been their trademark for more than five decades. To learn more about Yoshimura and view their wide variety of performance products, visit www.yoshimura-rd.com.
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 18.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Tackle Round 1 at Hangtown | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 13.05.2015 : Mitchell Oldenburg Gets a Shot With Troy Lee Designs | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 12.05.2015 : Willoughby Steals UCI BMX Supercross World Cup Series Lead | BMX - Papendal, Netherlands
- 12.05.2015 : Patrick Butler Joins Lusty Industries Australian Downhill Team | Downhill MTB - NSW, Australia
- 08.05.2015 : Interview with SRAM | TLD Racing's Russell Finsterwald | Cross-Country MTB