Bergmeister, Long, Law and Neiman Return for 2011 ALMS
American LeMans Series
Flying Lizard Motorsports announced today the driver lineup for the 2011 American Le Mans Series season. Joerg Bergmeister (Germany) and Patrick Long (USA) will return in the No. 45 Flying Lizard Porsche 911 GT3 RSR and Seth Neiman (USA) and Darren Law (USA) will team up again in the No. 44.
Driving together for the Lizards in the No. 45, Bergmeister and Long have won the ALMS GT drivers' championship the last two years: 2009 and 2010. Bergmeister is five-time ALMS GT drivers' champion (2005-2006 and 2008-2010); three of those titles were driving with Flying Lizard (2008 through 2010). Long has won the ALMS GT drivers' title three times, all with Bergmeister: 2005, and 2009-2010. The Lizards have finished in the top three of the ALMS team and drivers' championships every year since 2004, their first year in the ALMS. The Lizards won the team championship in 2008 and 2009.
Thomas Blam, Flying Lizard chief strategist: "For 2011, the GT class is shaping up again to be one of the toughest classes in any series around the world. BMW is returning, having won the manufacturer and team championships last year, Ferrari will certainly be looking to get some revenge, and Corvette finished the season strong with their win at Petit. With several new cars and teams expected, we should see significant depth in GT again this year."
Joerg Bergmeister, driver, No. 45: "I am pretty optimistic heading into 2011. The updates on the RSR look very promising. I'm looking forward to a new challenge with some new players in GT, and I'm sure our familiar competitors have also done their homework over the winter. It's my fifth year with the Lizards and the third year here together with Patrick; I hope that in 2011 we are able to build on the successes of the last few years."
Patrick Long, driver, No. 45: "The continuity of three years in a row with the same team in the same series is something I really value. The team chemistry is so important: we've been able to grow as a group over the last few years and I'm honored to be able to be back with the Lizards. GT is going to be very intense this year. During the off-season, we'll be working hard to develop the car as far as we can to make sure we bring our 'A' game to Sebring."
Darren Law, driver, No. 44: "I'm excited to be with the Lizards again next year. This will be my eighth season with the team. I'm looking forward to seeing the 2011 updates to the Porsche and can't wait to get onto the track at Sebring."
About Flying Lizard Motorsports
Flying Lizard Motorsports has competed in the American Le Mans Series GT class since 2004. The team has finished in the top three in the ALMS GT2 drivers' and team championships every year since 2004. In 2010, Flying Lizard No. 45 drivers Joerg Bergmeister and Patrick Long won a hard-fought battle for the GT drivers' championship. In 2009 and 2008, the team swept all ALMS GT2 titles: drivers' championship (Bergmeister and Long in 09, Bergmeister and Wolf Henzler in 08); Flying Lizard won the team championship; and Porsche won the manufacturer championship. In 2009, the Flying Lizard No. 44 Porsche also won the Michelin Green X Challenge championship.
Flying Lizard has also competed in the 24 Heures du Mans from 2005 through 2010, finishing third in 2005, fourth in 2006, and sixth in 2008.
Flying Lizard 2010 sponsors are ShoreTel, a leading provider of enterprise IP telephony solutions; Openwave Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: OPWV), a global software innovator delivering context-aware mediation and messaging solutions that enable communication service providers to create and deliver smarter services; eSilicon, a semiconductor company; and Double Clutch Coffee, a premium coffee company dedicated to motorsport enthusiasts. Team partners include Porsche and Michelin.
Visit the team website at www.lizardms.com. For the latest team racing apparel and Porsche gear visit us at the Flying Lizard stores online and in the paddock.
The privateer team is based in Sonoma, California.
- 03.08.2015 : Interview: Jessy Nelson | Unfinished Business | AMA Pro Motocross - TWMX Interview
- 29.07.2015 : TLD / KTM's Toby Price Takes 5th AORC Crown of His Career | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 27.07.2015 : Team TLD Riders All Score Top-10 Finishes at Washougal | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Makes It Three Weekends In A Row With Career-Best Finish | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : Interview: Brandon Semenuk and Rupert Walker - Revel In The Chaos | Freeride MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.07.2015 : TLD's Toby Price Could Wrap Up Fifth AORC Crown This Weekend | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 24.07.2015 : Sage Karam Earns First-Career Podium At Iowa 2015 | IndyCar - Newton, IA
- 23.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Backs Up Career Best Result With Seventh Overall | AMA Pro Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : TLD’s McElrath Breaks Into Top-10 With Impressive Moto 2 Ride | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : KTM Strong Man Kirk Gibbs Braves The Pain At Shepparton | Motocross - Victoria, Australia