Benoit Paturel and Husqvarna Lead the French Elite MX2 Championship
Motocross - Brittany, France
A good start in race one allowed Benoit to settle in behind Arnaud Aubin, Dylan Ferrandis and Valentin Teillet until mid-race, when he passed Aubin for second behind Teillet.
In the mixed-class Super Final, Benoit was at a disadvantage as all MX2 riders, and on lap one was in seventeenth position. He quickly got into his rhythm and made his way up to eleventh, third MX2 rider behind Valentin Teillet and Dylan Ferrandis, but Valentin fell in the latter stages of the race, handing Benoit the second MX2 place and the lead of the MX2 Championship.
David Herbreteau was sharp all day long on his little 125 two stroke, and showed that all the hard work during the winter is paying-off. He consistently raced among the top 15 in MX2 and fought hard against fellow 125 rider Nicolas Dercourt, setting a faster lap time during the race. The Super Final was going to be difficult for the MX2 riders, especially those on 125s, and following a small crash, David decided to retire from the race ahead of next weekend’s French Junior Championship debut.
“I’m fairly pleased with the result of the MX2 race, but I am not happy with the way I rode. I stayed behind Aubin too long and I couldn’t attack until the last ten minutes. I had a bad start in the Super Final, but I rode well once I passed Izoird on the 450, I got into my rhythm and Teillet’s crash allowed me to take the lead in the Championship. The bike was great and I will continue to work hard to gain speed and experience.”
“At the start of the day I wasn’t having fun on this track, but my team worked hard on the settings and the race went a lot better. In the MX2 race I was in the top 15 and battled hard against Nicolas Dercourt who also rides a 125. The Super Final against the 450s was less fun. My start was ok and again I battled with Nicolas, but I fell and things got complicated with the leaders coming up to lap me, so I decided to retire. I feel ready for the start of the Junior Championship next weekend in Thomer la Sogne.”
- 18.12.2014 : Tis The Season With Colton Facciotti | Rider Support - Canada
- 17.12.2014 : TLD Canada Amateur Profile: Hayden Wolff | Rider Support - Prince George, BC, Canda
- 10.12.2014 : Privateer Profile: Ross Johnson | International - Canada
- 09.12.2014 : Scott Dixon Returns To TCGR for 2015 IndyCar Series | IndyCar Series
- 19.11.2014 : Interview: Troy Lee | Company
- 11.11.2014 : Redmond and Graffunder Take on Ukupacha in Ecuador | Enduro - Ukupacha, Ecuador
- 10.11.2014 : USA Got Hold of Junior Trophy Victory in Argentina | Off-Road - San Juan, Argentina
- 06.11.2014 : Mitchell DeJong Clinches 2014 GRC Lites Championship | Global Rallycross Lites - Las Vegas, NV
- 05.11.2014 : Behind The Scenes with Kiwi Indycar Champ Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 04.11.2014 : Lusty Industries Opens In New Zealand | Newcastle, NSW Australia