Benoit Paturel and Husqvarna Lead the French Elite MX2 Championship
Motocross - Brittany, France
A good start in race one allowed Benoit to settle in behind Arnaud Aubin, Dylan Ferrandis and Valentin Teillet until mid-race, when he passed Aubin for second behind Teillet.
In the mixed-class Super Final, Benoit was at a disadvantage as all MX2 riders, and on lap one was in seventeenth position. He quickly got into his rhythm and made his way up to eleventh, third MX2 rider behind Valentin Teillet and Dylan Ferrandis, but Valentin fell in the latter stages of the race, handing Benoit the second MX2 place and the lead of the MX2 Championship.
David Herbreteau was sharp all day long on his little 125 two stroke, and showed that all the hard work during the winter is paying-off. He consistently raced among the top 15 in MX2 and fought hard against fellow 125 rider Nicolas Dercourt, setting a faster lap time during the race. The Super Final was going to be difficult for the MX2 riders, especially those on 125s, and following a small crash, David decided to retire from the race ahead of next weekend’s French Junior Championship debut.
“I’m fairly pleased with the result of the MX2 race, but I am not happy with the way I rode. I stayed behind Aubin too long and I couldn’t attack until the last ten minutes. I had a bad start in the Super Final, but I rode well once I passed Izoird on the 450, I got into my rhythm and Teillet’s crash allowed me to take the lead in the Championship. The bike was great and I will continue to work hard to gain speed and experience.”
“At the start of the day I wasn’t having fun on this track, but my team worked hard on the settings and the race went a lot better. In the MX2 race I was in the top 15 and battled hard against Nicolas Dercourt who also rides a 125. The Super Final against the 450s was less fun. My start was ok and again I battled with Nicolas, but I fell and things got complicated with the leaders coming up to lap me, so I decided to retire. I feel ready for the start of the Junior Championship next weekend in Thomer la Sogne.”
- 26.01.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Rider Cole Seely Grabs Season Best Finish in Fifth | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 26.01.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Wins Record Sixth Rolex 24 At Daytona | Rolex 24 Hours - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL
- 22.01.2015 : Team TLD's Ascent to the Top of American Motocross | Troy Lee Designs - Company History
- 20.01.2015 : MXP Chatter: Kyle Keast | Motocross - Canada
- 20.01.2015 : American Champion Jared Mees Wins 2015 Troy Bayliss Classic | Flat Track - Taree, Australia
- 20.01.2015 : CBR's Zach Herfindahl Wins At Grafton | Snocross - Grafton, ND