Ben Townley Carries the TLD Flag at High Point
AMA Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
The Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda team battled tough conditions in the mountains of West Virginia last weekend. Ben Townley put in two solid efforts to post a fourth overall on the day while his 250 class teammates would have a more difficult time of it, ending the weekend in eleventh and seventeenth respectively.
Townley started just outside the top five in the opening moto and gradually moved his way into fourth position. Despite the strong finish, Ben never felt comfortable on the bike and expected much more from himself in moto two. Unfortunately he would start the second moto outside the top twenty and have to move forward. And he did just that, passing riders two and three at a time on his impressive march to the front. A stall and a tip-over in a corner would slow his progress but Ben still made it to sixth position, good enough for fourth overall.
"I was really unhappy with the way I rode in the first moto," said Townley. "I never got in a rhythm and I just didn't ride like I know how to ride. The second moto I definitely showed my speed again but the couple mistakes I made are just unacceptable. We knew we would be getting the polish back as the season went on but it's getting to be time to put it all together. We came up with some good ideas to work on this week with bike setup and I think we'll be ready to go for it next weekend."
Wil Hahn was once again the top finishing 250 rider on the team. Wil battled hard both motos, scoring 12-8 finishes for eleventh overall. His teammate, Cole Seely, had a difficult day that he would rather forget about. In moto one his roll-off system was damaged by a rock on the opening lap and it forced him to pit for goggles the second lap around. In moto two Cole was in good position and ran into the back of a downed rider, holding him up for quite a while. He charged back to 14th that moto and set some of the quickest lap times in the class in the process.
All three riders are already looking forward to Budds Creek next weekend. The famous circuit is a favorite among the team riders and all of them have high expectations going into the Maryland round.
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Price Secures Desert Tri-Series Clean-Sweep | Off-Road - Port Hedland, Australia