Auction: Troy Lee Designs / Steve McQueen LeMans Helmet
Proceeds benefit Boys Republic
This is Troy Lee's personal helmet, worn during Broc Glover's Breathe Easy Ride Against Cystic Fibrosis. The concept for the helmet was developed by Troy Lee to match the color scheme of the Porsche race car in the 1971 movie "LeMans" starring Steve McQueen.
This is an open face helmet with snap visor, custom blue and orange paint job by Troy Lee Designs.
The starting bid is $500, with NO RESERVE PRICE. The auction begins on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 12:00PM PDT, and runs until Saturday, June 13, 2009. The auction will take place on eBay, the leading online auction site.
Ebay Item No.: 250436877908 >
Proceeds from this auction will benefit the Boys Republic, a private, non-profit, nonsectarian school and treatment community for troubled youngsters founded in 1907. Steve McQueen was perhaps the most famous graduate of the Boys Republic, and often revisited the campus during his later career.
For more information visit: www.boysrepublic.org.
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 11.04.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Pre-Race Report: Long Beach Grand Prix 2014 | Auto Racing - Long Beach, CA
- 09.04.2014 : Strong Comeback for Valentin Teillet | Motocross - Gueugnon, France