Auction: Troy Lee Designs / Steve McQueen LeMans Helmet
Proceeds benefit Boys Republic
This is Troy Lee's personal helmet, worn during Broc Glover's Breathe Easy Ride Against Cystic Fibrosis. The concept for the helmet was developed by Troy Lee to match the color scheme of the Porsche race car in the 1971 movie "LeMans" starring Steve McQueen.
This is an open face helmet with snap visor, custom blue and orange paint job by Troy Lee Designs.
The starting bid is $500, with NO RESERVE PRICE. The auction begins on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 12:00PM PDT, and runs until Saturday, June 13, 2009. The auction will take place on eBay, the leading online auction site.
Ebay Item No.: 250436877908 >
Proceeds from this auction will benefit the Boys Republic, a private, non-profit, nonsectarian school and treatment community for troubled youngsters founded in 1907. Steve McQueen was perhaps the most famous graduate of the Boys Republic, and often revisited the campus during his later career.
For more information visit: www.boysrepublic.org.
- 29.07.2015 : TLD / KTM's Toby Price Takes 5th AORC Crown of His Career | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 27.07.2015 : Team TLD Riders All Score Top-10 Finishes at Washougal | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Makes It Three Weekends In A Row With Career-Best Finish | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : Interview: Brandon Semenuk and Rupert Walker - Revel In The Chaos | Freeride MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.07.2015 : TLD's Toby Price Could Wrap Up Fifth AORC Crown This Weekend | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 24.07.2015 : Sage Karam Earns First-Career Podium At Iowa 2015 | IndyCar - Newton, IA
- 23.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Backs Up Career Best Result With Seventh Overall | AMA Pro Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : TLD’s McElrath Breaks Into Top-10 With Impressive Moto 2 Ride | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : KTM Strong Man Kirk Gibbs Braves The Pain At Shepparton | Motocross - Victoria, Australia
- 10.07.2015 : TLD/KTM’s Toby Price Picked Up By Red Bull Factory Rally Team | World Motorcycle Rally Championships