Auction: Troy Lee Designs / Steve McQueen LeMans Helmet
Proceeds benefit Boys Republic
This is Troy Lee's personal helmet, worn during Broc Glover's Breathe Easy Ride Against Cystic Fibrosis. The concept for the helmet was developed by Troy Lee to match the color scheme of the Porsche race car in the 1971 movie "LeMans" starring Steve McQueen.
This is an open face helmet with snap visor, custom blue and orange paint job by Troy Lee Designs.
The starting bid is $500, with NO RESERVE PRICE. The auction begins on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 12:00PM PDT, and runs until Saturday, June 13, 2009. The auction will take place on eBay, the leading online auction site.
Ebay Item No.: 250436877908 >
Proceeds from this auction will benefit the Boys Republic, a private, non-profit, nonsectarian school and treatment community for troubled youngsters founded in 1907. Steve McQueen was perhaps the most famous graduate of the Boys Republic, and often revisited the campus during his later career.
For more information visit: www.boysrepublic.org.
- 22.05.2013 : Panther Ends Eventful Pole Day with Hildebrand 10th | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 20.05.2013 : Alise Post Repeats Her USAC Title | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 20.05.2013 : Graffunder Puts Husqvarna In Top Five at Barcelona X Games | Endurocross - Barcelona, Spain
- 20.05.2013 : Troy Lee Designs Kicks Off Summer at Hangtown MX | AMA Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 20.05.2013 : Servia Successfully Qualifies for the Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 20.05.2013 : Race Rewind: Malcolm Stewart’s Hangtown National | MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.05.2013 : 'Little' Brother Goes Big | VurbMoto Interview
- 16.05.2013 : Ricky and Luke Johnson Both Victorious at Eldora Speedway | TORC - Rossburg, OH
- 16.05.2013 : Catching Up With: Blake Savage | DMX Interview
- 15.05.2013 : Matt Simmonds Takes 3rd at Round 2 of the BDS Fort William | MTB - Fort William, Scotland