Auction: Troy Lee Designs / Steve McQueen LeMans Helmet
Proceeds benefit Boys Republic
This is Troy Lee's personal helmet, worn during Broc Glover's Breathe Easy Ride Against Cystic Fibrosis. The concept for the helmet was developed by Troy Lee to match the color scheme of the Porsche race car in the 1971 movie "LeMans" starring Steve McQueen.
This is an open face helmet with snap visor, custom blue and orange paint job by Troy Lee Designs.
The starting bid is $500, with NO RESERVE PRICE. The auction begins on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 12:00PM PDT, and runs until Saturday, June 13, 2009. The auction will take place on eBay, the leading online auction site.
Ebay Item No.: 250436877908 >
Proceeds from this auction will benefit the Boys Republic, a private, non-profit, nonsectarian school and treatment community for troubled youngsters founded in 1907. Steve McQueen was perhaps the most famous graduate of the Boys Republic, and often revisited the campus during his later career.
For more information visit: www.boysrepublic.org.
- 23.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Hosts Successful Wheels 4 Life Fundraiser | Company - Laguna Beach, CA
- 23.09.2015 : That Winning Feeling: Jessy Nelson Talks USGP Victory | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.09.2015 : 250 Words: Troy’s Boys On Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Gritty USGP Performance For Kirk Gibbs | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs on Top of the World at Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 18.09.2015 : Billy Laninovich - Molding Tomorrow’s Racers | Motocross - TWMX Interview
- 15.09.2015 : Daniel Sanders On Top of the World in ISDE E3 Division | Enduro - Kosice, Slovakia
- 14.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Launches All New Adventure Line For 2016 | Company - Corona, CA
- 11.09.2015 : Unsung Hero: Derek Schuster | Motocross - Canada
- 08.09.2015 : Count Me In - Jessy Nelson Talks MXGP Of USA | MXGP - Glen Helen, CA