Auction: Troy Lee Designs / Steve McQueen LeMans Helmet
Proceeds benefit Boys Republic
This is Troy Lee's personal helmet, worn during Broc Glover's Breathe Easy Ride Against Cystic Fibrosis. The concept for the helmet was developed by Troy Lee to match the color scheme of the Porsche race car in the 1971 movie "LeMans" starring Steve McQueen.
This is an open face helmet with snap visor, custom blue and orange paint job by Troy Lee Designs.
The starting bid is $500, with NO RESERVE PRICE. The auction begins on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 12:00PM PDT, and runs until Saturday, June 13, 2009. The auction will take place on eBay, the leading online auction site.
Ebay Item No.: 250436877908 >
Proceeds from this auction will benefit the Boys Republic, a private, non-profit, nonsectarian school and treatment community for troubled youngsters founded in 1907. Steve McQueen was perhaps the most famous graduate of the Boys Republic, and often revisited the campus during his later career.
For more information visit: www.boysrepublic.org.
- 28.01.2015 : Brandon Semenuk Slopestyle/Freeride Athlete of the Year | MTB - Pinkbike Awards
- 28.01.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Gold at Winter X Games 2015 | Snowmobile Hillcross - Aspen, CO
- 28.01.2015 : Tye Simmonds Scores 1st Place Finish at Deep Well MX | Off-Road - Alice Springs, Australia
- 26.01.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Rider Cole Seely Grabs Season Best Finish in Fifth | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 26.01.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Wins Record Sixth Rolex 24 At Daytona | Rolex 24 Hours - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL
- 22.01.2015 : Team TLD's Ascent to the Top of American Motocross | Troy Lee Designs - Company History