TLD Debuts Steve McQueen™ Ltd. Edition Helmet Line
Collaboration Kicks off 3-Year Licensing Partnership
Troy Lee Designs today announced a three-year licensing partnership with the Steve McQueen estate, which is represented by GreenLight (www.greenlightrights.com), to produce a limited edition helmet line, to be unveiled to the public for the first time this week. The Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda Racing Team, which includes Wil Hahn and Cole Seely, will wear the helmet at this weekend's Anaheim 1 race on Saturday, January 9 at Angel Stadium.
The helmet, which will also be on display at the Troy Lee hospitality area at Anaheim 1 and at the Troy Lee showroom in Corona, will retail for $525, with only 700 units going into production. This will be the first in a series of Steve McQueen™ helmet styles that will roll out over the next three years. The first helmet in the line will be available at select retailers in the U.S. and internationally.
Steve McQueen left an indelible imprint as one of Hollywood's most charismatic leading men. His balance of masculinity and sensitivity made him both a man's man and a ladies' man all at once. His revered roles in films such as Bullitt, The Great Escape, The Thomas Crown Affair and Papillion have been often imitated but never repeated. An actor, race-car driver and father, McQueen was the epitome of the American dream, rising from hardscrabble circumstances to become one of the most famous movie stars in the world. His amazing life story is chronicled on his official website http://stevemcqueen.com.
About Troy Lee Designs
For over 29 years, Troy Lee has been customizing helmets "For The World's Fastest Racers." Our relentless commitment to creating products that exceed the cutting edge in style, design and quality, has given us the reputation as an innovator in many different racing fields. Troy Lee Designs has since expanded into a full force operation, offering a product line from high-performance helmets, complete line of racing gear, visors and graphics, to casual wear. With an amazing team of racers, from F1 to Indy to NASCAR, Motocross to Enduro to Freestyle, Dirt Track to Road Racing, MTB to BMX and on down the line, we have been fortunate to work with the best in the world. We at TLD appreciate the fact that every day the racers get out there and put it all on the line.
- 03.09.2015 : Race Recap: Kirk Gibbs Talks 2015 Title | MX Nationals - Coolum, Australia
- 01.09.2015 : Kirk Gibbs Takes MX Nationals Championship | Motocross - Coolum, Australia
- 01.09.2015 : Dixon Comes From Behind To Win 2015 IndyCar Championship | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 20.08.2015 : Gibbs On Verge of Clinching National MX1 Crown | MX Nationals - Australia