Graffunder And Redmond Top-Ten in Denver EnduroCross
EnduroCross - Denver, CO
Both of Husqvarna's off-road teams were in action over the weekend, from the AMA EnduroCross series in Denver to the Power Line GNCC in Ohio. Kyle Redmond and Cory Graffunder were able to pull off top-ten finishes at a rough Denver EnduroCross while FAR racer Andrew Delong survived an even rougher GNCC to finish his weekend on the podium.
The GEICO AMA EnduroCross series rolled into the second half of the season in Denver, Colorado. Factory Husqvarna/FMF racers Cory Graffunder and Kyle Redmond were able to card strong finishes at the National Western Complex, finishing sixth and seventh, respectively in the main event.
The night was an improvement for Graffunder, who was able to qualify out of his semi race. "I ended up winning the semi and made it in the main so I was happy I didn't have to go the LCQ," Graffunder said with a laugh. "That's the first LCQ I didn't have to do this year! I'm happy that I made the main again. The last round was the first time I didn't make the main - probably ever. So I was pretty bummed about it but it motivated me to train really hard the last three weeks and it obviously paid off."
Redmond put his new factory Dunlop tires to good use, sailing into the main with a strong second place finish in his heat race. Redmond went on to ride a solid main event and take another step forward in the points chase. "I'm feeling really good right now, which is good because we have three EnduroCross rounds this month," Redmond said. "I'm still gunning for a podium finish this year, and hopefully we can pull it off."
The Power Line GNCC in St. Clairsville, Ohio dealt the Fred Andrews Racing Husqvarna team a tough hand. After getting out to sub-par starts, Andrew Delong had a hard crash on the first lap, just before the finish line.
"I was trying too hard at first to make up for my bad start," Delong said. "I crashed so hard. My TC250 was upside down like a bicycle. It was bent up pretty good, but it ran like a champ."
The XC2 racer was able to stay strong and focused, gaining ground with every lap until finally reaching the top-three. Nick Davis of the FAR Husqvarna team was also running as high as the top-three before complications took him out of the race.
"Both my guys gave me everything they had today," exclaimed team manager Fred Andrews. "We gained some ground and lost some ground in the championship. We still have two races left in the season... it's not over yet!"
The FAR Husqvarna team returns to action next weekend at the Indiana National Enduro. Out west the Husqvarna EnduroCross team has a week off before heading to Washington for round 6 of the series on October 20.
Husqvarna support rider Robby Norwood also had a strong showing over the weekend, finishing on the podium at round 13 of the Virginia Championship Hare Scrambles Series (VCHSS). Norwood pushed his TXC310 hard through a tough and muddy course to finish second, keeping his championship hopes alive. For more information on the entire 2013 Husqvarna line-up, please go to www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com. Head to your nearest dealership to pick up a copy of the 2013 RiDE MORE Catalog, available now!
Be sure to follow Team Husqvarna on Facebook or via Twitter @HusqvarnaNA.
Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
Husqvarna Motorcycles, a part of the BMW Group since October 2007, are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Varese, Italy since 1987.
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC is part of BMW (US) Holding Corp. BMW Group's sales headquarters for North, Central and South America is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. Husqvarna has continued to expand its professional race team to compete in AMA National Enduro, GNCC, EnduroCross, the AMA Western Hare Scrambles Series and WORCS championships. Husqvarna team riders are competing aboard 2012 Husqvarna TC250, TXC250, TXC310 and TXC511 off-road models.
- 26.05.2015 : Austin Dillon Dominates Nascar Xfinity Race At Charlotte | NASCAR - Charlotte, NC
- 26.05.2015 : Juan Pablo Montoya Outduels Power To Indianapolis 500 Victory | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 26.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM’s Nelson Makes First Podium Appearance at Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 25.05.2015 : Seely’s Hard Charging Earned the TLD Rider First Top-10 Finish in the 450 Class | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 18.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Tackle Round 1 at Hangtown | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA