Cory Graffunder Is AMA Western Hare Scrambles Champion
Enduro - Big Sky, MT
A solid finish was all it took for factory Husqvarna's Cory Graffunder to wrap up the 2012 AMA Western Hare Scrambles Championship! Despite a broken foot that still wasn't quite healed up, Graffunder toughed it out at the Big Sky XC in Montana, the final round of the series sealing the championship and earning his first AMA number one plate.
"I am still pretty banged up from my crash last month," Graffunder explained. "Between my foot, and my back, it's been nearly a month since I've been on a motorcycle. I just had to come out here and ride a solid race. It didn't matter if I won the race; I just needed to score points."
Consistently picking off riders, Graffunder piloted his FMF/Stillwell Performance Husqvarna TXC511 closer and closer to the lead pack. Despite his pain Graffunder charged until the last lap to finish 15th overall, to earn the 2012 AMA Western Hare Scrambles Championship!
"We are so proud of how Cory has ridden this year," Husqvarna Product and Racing Manager Derek Sorenson explained. "He just won an X Games medal, now this AMA Championship! Cory has proven that both the Husky TXC511 and TXC310 are podium capable race bikes. Cory is the man right now, and we're elated to have him on our team!"
"I want to thank all my sponsors," Graffunder added. "Along with factory Husqvarna we have really great support behind us with FMF, Troy Lee Designs, Dunlop, Sidi, Stillwell Performance, Bell helmets, PG Graphics, Enduro Engineering, GPR, Guts, Silkolene, Rekluse, Dirt Tricks, AME and EKS Brand. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season with them."
Cory returns to racing on September 15 in Ontario, California for round four of the AMA EnduroCross championship series.
For more information on the entire 2012 (and 2013) Husqvarna line-up, please go to www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com. Head to your nearest dealership to pick up a copy of the 2012 RiDE MORE Catalog, available now!
Be sure to follow Team Husqvarna on Facebook or via Twitter @HusqvarnaNA.
Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
Husqvarna Motorcycles, a part of the BMW Group since October 2007, are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Varese, Italy since 1987.
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC is part of BMW (US) Holding Corp. BMW Group's sales headquarters for North, Central and South America is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. Husqvarna has continued to expand its professional race team to compete in AMA National Enduro, GNCC, EnduroCross, the AMA Western Hare Scrambles Series and WORCS championships. Husqvarna team riders are competing aboard 2012 Husqvarna TC250, TXC250, TXC310 and TXC511 off-road models.
- 05.12.2013 : Red Bull Straight Rhythm to Debut on NBC | Supercross - Red Bull
- 05.12.2013 : Beyond the Bike: Micayla Gatto | Dirt Magazine Interview
- 05.12.2013 : Aim High Season Two Premieres Exclusively on Crackle | TV Guide Exclusive
- 04.12.2013 : #NotBad - Interview with Semenuk and Wittenburg | More Dirt Interview
- 02.12.2013 : Willoughby Wins Back-To-Back USA BMX Titles | BMX - Tulsa, OK
- 02.12.2013 : Christian Brothers Racing Scores 2 Wins at Snocross Opener | Snocross - Duluth, MN
- 02.12.2013 : Rider Check: Ronnie Stewart | Vital MX Interview
- 28.11.2013 : "Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans" Marathon Thanksgiving Day on Velocity | Auto Racing - Velocity Network
- 27.11.2013 : Privateer Profile: Robert Lind | Racer X Interview
- 27.11.2013 : Blais Racing Services Fasst CO Race Report | NHHA Off-Road - Johnson Valley, CA