Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda Shines at Washougal
AMA Motocross - Washougal, WA
When Troy Lee decides he wants his bikes and team to stand out he really makes it happen. The bright orange and yellow color scheme of the TLD riders' bikes and gear could be seen from across the Washougal valley clear as day. The colors were a nod to area team sponsor, Adidas, and also a launch for the new 2013 SE Pro gear.
In WMX action Tarah Gieger continued to use consistency to draw herself closer to the championship points lead. Gieger got good starts and stayed in the hunt all day, finishing 3-2 for second overall on the day. She currently sits just two points out of the lead as the series starts to draw to a close.
Christian Craig stepped up his game this weekend with top ten starts and strong, steady riding. After spending much of this season sidelined with injury, Christian is gradually getting his feet back under him and it's showing in his results. He was eighth overall after finishing 10-9 in his motos.
"This feels good," say Craig at the end of the day. "I'm starting to feel like I belong out there again. If I can use the next two weeks off to improve my fitness a bit more and just get my speed up a little I think I can end the series on a really positive note."
In the 250 division Travis Baker just had tough opening laps. In both motos the likeable, curly-haired kid found himself picking himself up off the ground and working from the back of the pack. His efforts earned him 13th overall after 14-15 moto finishes.
Jessy Nelson had top ten starts in both motos and rode well all day long. The rookie is still learning the tracks and nuances of professional racing but his 13-13 for 12th overall was another good step in his learning curve. By next year Jessy will understand the pace and intensity of racing at the pro level.
The Troy Lee Designs riders debuted the new 2013 SE Pro gear, part of our 2013 Moto Collection available at your local retailer this August.
The series takes a two week break as riders will head home and either tend to nagging injuries or hit the practice track hard and try to milk out a little more speed for the closing rounds of the series. The Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda squad will be loaded for bear and ready for the next round in Southwick, MA in August.
TLD would like to thank all of our team sponsors: Lucas Oil, American Honda, PPG, Red Bull, Adidas, Oakley, Seaspan, Fender®, Dunlop, Renthal, Alpinestars, ODI, McQueen Racing, Hot Wheels, GoPro, Shock Doctor, Pro Circuit, Showa, VQ OrthoCare, Couts Heating & Cooling, Specialized, Kasey Kahne, N-Style, VP Racing Fuels, DubyaUSA, Moto Tassinari, PixelMags, ARC, Braking, Boyesen, Cycra, Mammoth Mountain, DID, Dirt Star, Hinson, Twin Air, Pacific Collision Centers, Sports Care Center, Elrod Racing, and New Era.
450 Overall Results:
1. Ryan Dungey 2-1 KTM
2. Mike Alessi 1-2 Suz
3. Andrew Short 4-3 Hon
4. Jake Weimer 3-5 Kaw
5. Broc Tickle 6-4 Kaw
6. Tommy Hahn 7-7 Hon
7. Kyle Chisholm 8-10 Kaw
8. Christian Craig 10-9 Hon
250 Overall Results:
1. Justin Barcia 1-2 Hon
2. Eli Tomac 2-3 Hon
3. Blake Baggett 6-1 Kaw
4. Marvin Musquin 3-4 KTM
5. Ken Roczen 4-7 KTM
6. Blake Wharton 7-6 Suz
7. Justin Bogle 9-5 Hon
8. Wil Hahn 5-10 Hon
9. Ryan Sipes 8-8 Yam
10. Jason Anderson 10-9 Suz
11. Malcolm Stewart 11-11 KTM
12. Jessy Nelson 13-13 Hon
13. Travis Baker 14-15 Hon
250 Points Standings:
1. Blake Baggett 355pts. Kaw
2. Justin Barcia 344pts. Hon
3. Eli Tomac 323pts. Hon
4. Ken Roczen 305pts. KTM
5. Marvin Musquin 256pts. KTM
6. Wil Hahn 218pts. Hon
7. Blake Wharton 185pts. Suz
8. Jason Anderson 168pts. Suz
9. Jessy Nelson 144pts. Hon
10. Travis Baker 134pts. Hon
- 04.05.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Cole Seely’s Race Day in Las Vegas | AMA Supercross - Las Vegas, NV
- 04.05.2015 : McElrath Shows Off New TLD SE Air Racewear in Las Vegas | AMA Supercross - Las Vegas, NV
- 01.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Launches All New SE Air Racewear | Product - Corona, CA
- 30.04.2015 : 2015 Marks a Different King of Year for Long | World Endurance Championship
- 29.04.2015 : TLD’s Cole Seely Claims Fifth Podium of Rookie Season | AMA Supercross - East Rutherford, NJ
- 29.04.2015 : McElrath’s 450SX Debut Nearly Garners a Top-10 Finish | AMA Supercross - East Rutherford, NJ
- 22.04.2015 : Alise Post Grabs 2nd at Manchester BMX | BMX - Manchester, England
- 21.04.2015 : Scott Dixon wins Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : CGRT Claims SportsCar Showcase Runner-Up Finish in Long Beach | SportsCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM Riders Excel In A Tough Hedley Round | Off-Road - Victoria, Australia