TLD / Lucas Oil / Honda Turns Up the Heat in Michigan
AMA Motocross - Buchanan, MI
After a few weeks off, the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship resumed this past weekend at a sweltering Red Bud Track and Trail in Buchanan, MI. The Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda riders did their best to turn up the heat on the competition.
In the Womens class, Tarah Gieger had a great first moto, running with the leader and finishing a close second. She also made up significant points in the series. Moto 2 saw Tarah in the lead for most of the race, but a crash late in the race would relegate her to 6th, for 3rd overall.
"I'm happy to be on the podium," said Gieger, "but I wanted that win. We have the next weekend off so you can bet I'm going to be looking for a win at Washougal!"
Red Bud marked the return of Christian Craig to the AMA series after suffering a broken wrist at Southwick in 2011. Christian had a great start in the opening moto, rounding the first turn in third position and running up front for three laps.
Christian turned the third fastest lap time in Moto 1, but the heat took its toll on the young rider and he was unable to keep pace. He would finish in 16th position.
In Moto 2 Christian was second off the start, holding steady for one lap before giving up position. Christian ran in the top ten for most of the moto, ultimately finishing 13th. His 16-13 finish was good enough for 13th overall on the day.
"I'm happy with the weekend," said Craig afterwards. "I feel like I can definitely improve my endurance and hopefully that will translate to better finishes."
In the Lites class, Travis Baker and Jessy Nelson both struggled on the start in Moto 1. The two TLD riders battled for the entire moto, finishing 11th and 12th respectively.
In Moto 2, Nelson pulled the holeshot and put in some great laps. Jessy was not able to keep pace with the front runners, but his 9th place result was good enough for 9th overall. Travis Baker rounded out the top ten for 10th overall.
"I felt better in the second moto," says Nelson. "I'm going to keep working hard and trying to improve each weekend."
"I have a few things to work on," said Baker. "Hopefully I can improve my results at Millville."
The Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda riders debuted the 2013 GP Predator gear at Red Bud, available this August at your local retailer.
The team now heads to Spring Creek in Millville, MN for Round 7 of the series. If you plan to attend the race, make sure to stop by the TLD transporter and say hi to the crew.
TLD would like to thank all of our team sponsors: Lucas Oil, American Honda, PPG, Red Bull, Adidas, Oakley, Seaspan, Fender®, Dunlop, Renthal, Alpinestars, ODI, McQueen Racing, Hot Wheels, GoPro, Shock Doctor, Pro Circuit, Showa, VQ OrthoCare, Couts Heating & Cooling, Specialized, Kasey Kahne, N-Style, VP Racing Fuels, DubyaUSA, Moto Tassinari, PixelMags, ARC, Braking, Boyesen, Cycra, Mammoth Mountain, DID, Dirt Star, Hinson, Twin Air, Pacific Collision Centers, Sports Care Center, Elrod Racing, and New Era.
1. Ashley Fiolek 1-1 Hon
2. Sara Pettersson 3-4 KTM
3. Tarah Gieger 2-6 Hon
4. Kasie Creson 5-3 Hon
5. Jacqueline Strong 4-5 KTM
6. Mariana Balbi 14-2 Hon
7. Alexah Pearson 6-7 KTM
8. Sarah Whitmore 7-8 KTM
9. Sade Allender 8-9 Hon
10. Brianna DeGray 9-10 KTM
WMX Points Standings:
1. Jessica Patterson 201pts. Suz
2. Tarah Gieger 192pts. Hon
3. Ashley Fiolek 175pts. Hon
4. Mariana Balbi 155pts. Hon
5. Jacqueline Strong 148pts. KTM
6. Kasie Creson 146pts. Hon
7. Sara Pettersson 139pts. KTM
8. Sayaka Kaneshiro 137pts. Hon
9. Alexah Pearson 100pts. KTM
10. Sade Allender 99pts. Hon
250 Overall Results:
1. Blake Baggett 1-1 Kaw
2. Justin Barcia 2-2 Hon
3. Eli Tomac 5-3 Hon
4. Marvin Musquin 4-4 KTM
5. Ken Roczen 3-6 KTM
6. Wil Hahn 6-5 Hon
7. Gareth Swanepoel 9-7 Yam
8. Blake Wharton 7-12 Suz
9. Jessy Nelson 12-9 Hon
10. Travis Baker 11-10 Hon
250 Points Standings:
1. Blake Baggett 272pts. Kaw
2. Justin Barcia 253pts. Hon
3. Eli Tomac 236pts. Hon
4. Ken Roczen 235pts. KTM
5. Marvin Musquin 189pts. KTM
6. Wil Hahn 161pts. Hon
7. Blake Wharton 125pts. Suz
8. Jason Anderson 121pts. Suz
9. Jessy Nelson 109pts. Hon
10. Jake Canada 105pts. Hon
11. Travis Baker 103pts. Hon
1. Ryan Dungey 1-1 KTM
2. Justin Brayton 3-4 Hon
3. James Stewart 6-3 Suz
4. Tyla Rattray 4-5 Kaw
5. Mike Alessi 11-2 Suz
6. Broc Tickle 5-9 Kaw
7. Cole Thompson 7-8 Hon
8. Josh Grant 9-7 Kaw
9. Andrew Short 12-6 Hon
10. Jake Weimer 2-20 Kaw
11. Michael Byrne 10-10 Suz
12. Kyle Chisholm 15-11 Kaw
13. Christian Craig 16-13 Hon
- 29.05.2015 : TLD Canada / Honda Canada / GDR Set To Bring Home Championship Titles | Motocross - Ontario Canda
- 28.05.2015 : Eighth for Jerome Clementz in EWS#2 Ireland | Enduro MTB - Glenealy, Ireland
- 26.05.2015 : Austin Dillon Dominates Nascar Xfinity Race At Charlotte | NASCAR - Charlotte, NC
- 26.05.2015 : Juan Pablo Montoya Outduels Power To Indianapolis 500 Victory | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 26.05.2015 : TLD’s Nelson Makes First Podium Appearance at Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 25.05.2015 : Seely’s Hard Charging Earned the TLD Rider First Top-10 Finish in the 450 Class | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN