Tarah Gieger Locks Down Silver at X Games 18
Women's Moto X - Los Angeles, CA
By Ryan Cooley/MCG
Six of the top women’s motocross athletes in the world gathered inside the Staples Center in Los Angeles Saturday night to square off in the X Games Moto X Women’s Racing competition, and TLD / Lucas Oil / Honda & Red Bull’s Tarah Gieger once again battled her way to the silver medal — her third-straight in the event.
After finishing third in the event’s lone qualifying heat earlier in the evening, Gieger looked to crank things up a notch as she headed into the 10-lap final. Unfortunately, a mediocre jump out of the gate would shatter her hopes of getting out front early, but she was still able to sneak her way into the second spot by turn number two.
With last year’s gold medal winner, Vicki Golden, in her sights, Gieger was looking smooth and determined aboard her Red Bull-backed TLD Honda but was unable to make up ground on her rival. An arenacross specialist, Golden clicked off 10 near-perfect laps on the tight Staples Center circuit, leaving Gieger to charge her way to silver.
“Vicki kills it on these tight arenacross-style tracks, so this was honestly no surprise,” Gieger said after the race. “The track was tight and really tough to pass on just like last year, so when she got out front early, I knew it would be tough to reel her in.”
Gold: Vicki Golden
Silver: Tarah Gieger
Bronze: Livia Lancelot
Fourth: Meghan Rutledge
Fifth: Jessica Patterson
Sixth: Tatum Sik
- 07.03.2014 : Servia to Race Select Races with Rahal Letterman Lanigan | IndyCar - Brownsburg, IN
- 06.03.2014 : Interview: Cole Seely - Replacement Killer | Supercross - TWMX Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Where Are They Now - Dave Cullinan | MTB - Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Troy Lee Designs' Malcolm Stewart to Race Daytona Supercross | Supercross - Corona, CA
- 04.03.2014 : Herfindahl and Joanis Win Pro Finals In Cross-Country and Snocross | Snocross - Warroad, MN
- 03.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Crowd the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 03.03.2014 : SCORE San Felipe 250 Victory Marks Historic Feat For Vildosola Racing | Off-Road - San Felipe, Mexico
- 28.02.2014 : SRAM Announces Formation of SRAM / Troy Lee Designs Mountain Bike Team | Chicago, IL
- 27.02.2014 : Interview: TLD Enduro Rider Bryan Regnier | MTB - France
- 27.02.2014 : Seely Joins Team Honda Muscle Milk in Indianapolis | Supercross - Torrance, CA