Hot Wheels Goes Vertical at X Games Los Angeles
X Games - Los Angeles, CA
On Saturday, June 30, Hot Wheels strives for another world record with a gravity-defying, two-driver double vertical loop attempt at X Games Los Angeles 2012. The life-sized Hot Wheels Double Loop Dare will pair two Team Hot Wheels™ drivers to simultaneously race through a harrowing six-story vertical loop in a first-of-its kind challenge.
As part of a new relationship with ESPN, the Hot Wheels Double Loop Dare, which combines the iconic boy brand and the world's premier action sports competition and lifestyle brand, will be broadcast nationally on ABC and globally on ESPN's international networks, giving fans everywhere a front row seat to the action.
The Hot Wheels Double Loop Dare
"We continue to push the boundaries of imagination by creating extraordinary real world challenges that bring Hot Wheels to life, exemplifying the fearless and competitive spirit of the brand," said Simon Waldron, vice president marketing, wheels, Mattel. "Our relationship with ESPN allows us to leverage the world's premier action sports stage to engage a passionate fan base who share our excitement of thrilling vehicle experiences."
The Hot Wheels Double Loop Dare is modeled after the new Hot Wheels Double Dare Snare™ track set, available globally at retail.
Team Hot Wheels is a real-life group of over-the-top professional stunt drivers. Each team is characterized by a unique personality and driving style that adds fuel to the outrageous competition. The Hot Wheels Double Loop Dare will be attempted by the Green Driver, known for his need for speed, and the Yellow Driver, who uses his power to push the limits.
Fans around the world will watch in awe as the two drivers accelerate to 52 MPH to enter the six-story tall loop, hitting 7 Gs as they circle through. The G-force created will be equivalent to what fighter jet pilots experience in flight.
"The Hot Wheels Double Loop Dare is a great addition to the X Games experience and brings to life what so many kids dreamt about over the years while playing with their Hot Wheels cars," said Tim Reed, ESPN senior director, content strategy. "We're excited about our relationship with Hot Wheels and adding this entertainment spectacle to an exciting four days of world-class action sports competition."
In 2012, Hot Wheels will unveil 19, live-action webisodes on www.HotWheels.com. Boys will be able to follow their favorite Team Hot Wheels drivers attempt the most outrageous stunts imaginable at the Hot Wheels Test Facility™. Leading up to the X Games, boys can vote on which driver has what it takes to come in first in the Hot Wheels Double Loop Dare challenge.
About Hot Wheels
Since 1968, Hot Wheels has been passionate about creating thrilling vehicle experiences through innovative product and content. The Hot Wheels brand began as a line of 16 1:64-scale die-cast vehicles; today, it has evolved into a true, global lifestyle brand for boys of all ages with segments that range from aftermarket parts to licensed apparel to branded digital content from Team Hot Wheels, a real-life race crew of professional drivers performing over-the-top stunts.
- 18.06.2013 : Justin Jones 2013 Baja 500 Recap - LAND! LAND NOW! | Offroad - Baja 500
- 17.06.2013 : Dixon Sixth, Franchitti Eighth at Milwaukee IndyFest | IndyCar - West Allis, WI
- 17.06.2013 : Another Podium for Cory Graffunder & Husky at Last Dog Standing | Endurocross - Glen Helen, CA
- 14.06.2013 : Home GP Podium for Bud Racing's Dylan Ferrandis in France | Motocross - Ernée, France
- 14.06.2013 : Redline Bicycles Great Salt Lake Nationals Race Report | BMX - Salt Lake City, UT
- 11.06.2013 : Franchitti Sixth, No. 9 Team Encounters Mechanical Problems At Texas | IndyCar - Fort Worth, TX
- 11.06.2013 : Team Husqvarna's Cory Graffunder Celebrates EnduroCross Podium | Endurocross - Sacramento, CA
- 11.06.2013 : First look: Sam Hill’s Pink Team CRC/Nukeproof Pulse and Kit | MTB - Auction
- 10.06.2013 : Top Ten Finish for Benoit Paturel in France | European MX2 Grand Prix of France
- 09.06.2013 : Highs and Lows for Troy Lee Designs at High Point Raceway | AMA Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA