GDR Rider Tyler Medaglia Takes 2nd Overall in Kamloops
Canadian MX - Courtland, Ontario
Round 2 is in the books and it was a great weekend for the GDR / Troy Lee Designs / Powersports Canada Honda team and rider Tyler Medaglia.
With rain in the surrounding area all weekend, memories of a wild mud bath at Round 1 were still in the minds of many, but Mother Nature cooperated and Round 2 went down in epic fashion.
Tyler Medaglia came in to Round 2 more motivated than ever, jumping out of the gate in moto 1 like a freight train and leading up until the 12 minute mark when Leading Edge rider Matt Goerke got around him to take the lead. Medaglia settles in and took 2nd place, putting him and Team GDR on the podium.
"It was a great race. I felt really good and it was awesome to get out of the gate strong and run up front with the lead for the first part of the race," said Medaglia.
Moto 2 was much of the same as a determined Medaglia jumped out to another solid start and found himself in 3rd place after lap 1, and passing the defending champ, Colton Facciotti, at the ten minute mark to take 2nd. The battle raged on, however, and with ten minutes to go, Medaglia found himself tangled up with lapped traffic and went down, giving Facciotti control of 2nd place. In typical Medaglia fashion, he re-mounted him GDR CRF450R and battles back for a solid 3rd place finish, securing himself a 2nd place overall for the weekend!
"We've put so much effort into this program and everything came together for us this weekend. I couldn't be happier for the teamand Tyler," said team manager, Derek Schuster. "We knew it was just a matter of time until Tyler was on the box, but it feels great to have it happen so early in the year. Now he's right in the mix for the championship, just 4 points out of 2nd place."
Medaglia and GDR / Troy Lee Designs / Powersports Canada Honda will build on this momentum as they head to Calgary for Round 3 next weekend.
The Gopher Dunes Racing staff would like to thank it's amazing sponsors which make all of this possible: Powersports Canada Honda, Troy Lee Designs, Red Bull, SSS, Label it!, Brass Knuckle Therapy, Dunlop, Leo Vince, Forma, PRC, Wiseco, DT1 Filters, Cycra, Works Connection, Lime Nine, Moto Tassinari, Chary Produce, Leatt, Klotz Fuel, DID, Renthal, EBC, Mishimoto, Matrix Concepts, 1.7 Cleaning Solutions, Snap-On, Raptor Titanium, Magnum Distributing, Dyco Tool, Macnab Transit, Oakley, Hinson, Motion Pro, Pro Wheel, CRF Stuff, GET, Ogio, SDG USA, Xtrig.
- 24.05.2013 : Troy Lee Designs Pre-Race Report: Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 22.05.2013 : Panther Ends Eventful Pole Day with Hildebrand 10th | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 20.05.2013 : Alise Post Repeats Her USAC Title | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 20.05.2013 : Graffunder Puts Husqvarna In Top Five at Barcelona X Games | Endurocross - Barcelona, Spain
- 20.05.2013 : Servia Successfully Qualifies for the Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 20.05.2013 : Race Rewind: Malcolm Stewart’s Hangtown National | MotoXAddicts Interview
- 20.05.2013 : Troy Lee Designs Kicks Off Summer at Hangtown MX | AMA Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 17.05.2013 : 'Little' Brother Goes Big | VurbMoto Interview
- 16.05.2013 : Ricky and Luke Johnson Both Victorious at Eldora Speedway | TORC - Rossburg, OH
- 16.05.2013 : Catching Up With: Blake Savage | DMX Interview