Troy Lee Designs Calls Up Jessy Nelson
TLD Headquarters - Corona, CA
For the past two years the Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda team has been supporting amateur standout Jessy Nelson.
Jessy was one of the original members of the Red Bull Jams program so it is only fitting that he makes his way to Red Bull’s support team. Nelson has been very successful early on this year winning several championships along the way. Originally Jessy was supposed to join the pro team after Loretta Lynn’s but he has been spending some time in California doing motos with his teammates and it was decided by all parties to move him up for the 2012 outdoor season.
Nelson is already signed for the 2013 season with an option for 2014.
“We’ve had him out doing some motos and riding with the other guys,” said Tyler Keefe, the team’s manager. “We started thinking about him doing the nationals with us back then. We talked with Jessy about it and at first he wanted to think about it a little. After weighing his options he made the call to start his pro career this weekend at Hangtown.”
Nelson is excited about his first pro race.
“I’m pretty anxious to get out there and see how I do,” says Jessy. “I’m really happy with the bikes and I feel like I’ve been riding well. This will be a great opportunity for me to get some experience for the 2013 season. I think it’s a good idea to start with motocross and then I’ll have less to stress out about when we show up for Anaheim 1 next year. This should be fun.”
Nelson will be running the #136 bike this weekend in Sacramento at what is technically his home track. Be sure to stop by and say hello to the newest team member this weekend!
TLD would like to thank all of our team sponsors: Lucas Oil, American Honda, PPG, Red Bull, Adidas, Oakley, Seaspan, Fender®, Dunlop, Renthal, Alpinestars, ODI, McQueen Racing, Hot Wheels, GoPro, Shock Doctor, Pro Circuit, Showa, VQ OrthoCare, Couts Heating & Cooling, Specialized, Kasey Kahne, N-Style, VP Racing Fuels, DubyaUSA, Moto Tassinari, PixelMags, ARC, Braking, Boyesen, Cycra, Mammoth Mountain, DID, Dirt Star, Hinson, Twin Air, Pacific Collision Centers, Sports Care Center, Elrod Racing, and New Era.
- 13.12.2013 : Montoya Continues Education Process at Phoenix | IndyCar - Phoenix, AZ
- 12.12.2013 : Catching Up With Colton Facciotti | Motocross - CMRC Series
- 11.12.2013 : Interview with Artist Tom Fritz | Art - Megadeluxe.com Interview
- 11.12.2013 : Colton Facciotti to Gopher Dunes Racing TLD Honda for 2014 | Supercross/Motocross - TLD Canada
- 10.12.2013 : Christian Brothers Racing Win Two and Extend Points Lead | Snocross - Bessemer, MI
- 10.12.2013 : TLD to Back Hope Tech Enduro & DH Team for 2014 | MTB - United Kingdom
- 10.12.2013 : Stewart Goes 10-3 at Geneva SX | Supercross - Geneva, Switzerland
- 10.12.2013 : Sporting Achievement of the Year 2013 Finalist: Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 10.12.2013 : Last Call - Eliot Jackson Interview | MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 09.12.2013 : KTM Re-Signs Chris Fillmore to Superbike Team | Superbike - Murrieta, CA