Troy Lee Designs Calls Up Jessy Nelson
TLD Headquarters - Corona, CA
For the past two years the Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda team has been supporting amateur standout Jessy Nelson.
Jessy was one of the original members of the Red Bull Jams program so it is only fitting that he makes his way to Red Bull’s support team. Nelson has been very successful early on this year winning several championships along the way. Originally Jessy was supposed to join the pro team after Loretta Lynn’s but he has been spending some time in California doing motos with his teammates and it was decided by all parties to move him up for the 2012 outdoor season.
Nelson is already signed for the 2013 season with an option for 2014.
“We’ve had him out doing some motos and riding with the other guys,” said Tyler Keefe, the team’s manager. “We started thinking about him doing the nationals with us back then. We talked with Jessy about it and at first he wanted to think about it a little. After weighing his options he made the call to start his pro career this weekend at Hangtown.”
Nelson is excited about his first pro race.
“I’m pretty anxious to get out there and see how I do,” says Jessy. “I’m really happy with the bikes and I feel like I’ve been riding well. This will be a great opportunity for me to get some experience for the 2013 season. I think it’s a good idea to start with motocross and then I’ll have less to stress out about when we show up for Anaheim 1 next year. This should be fun.”
Nelson will be running the #136 bike this weekend in Sacramento at what is technically his home track. Be sure to stop by and say hello to the newest team member this weekend!
TLD would like to thank all of our team sponsors: Lucas Oil, American Honda, PPG, Red Bull, Adidas, Oakley, Seaspan, Fender®, Dunlop, Renthal, Alpinestars, ODI, McQueen Racing, Hot Wheels, GoPro, Shock Doctor, Pro Circuit, Showa, VQ OrthoCare, Couts Heating & Cooling, Specialized, Kasey Kahne, N-Style, VP Racing Fuels, DubyaUSA, Moto Tassinari, PixelMags, ARC, Braking, Boyesen, Cycra, Mammoth Mountain, DID, Dirt Star, Hinson, Twin Air, Pacific Collision Centers, Sports Care Center, Elrod Racing, and New Era.
- 28.01.2015 : Brandon Semenuk Slopestyle/Freeride Athlete of the Year | MTB - Pinkbike Awards
- 28.01.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Gold at Winter X Games 2015 | Snowmobile Hillcross - Aspen, CO
- 28.01.2015 : Tye Simmonds Scores 1st Place Finish at Deep Well MX | Off-Road - Alice Springs, Australia
- 26.01.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Rider Cole Seely Grabs Season Best Finish in Fifth | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 26.01.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Wins Record Sixth Rolex 24 At Daytona | Rolex 24 Hours - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL
- 22.01.2015 : Team TLD's Ascent to the Top of American Motocross | Troy Lee Designs - Company History