Graffunder / Redmond Kick Off AMA EX Series Strong
EnduroCross - Las Vegas, NV
From Las Vegas to Louisiana, it was a great weekend for Husqvarna off-road racers! Cory Graffunder and Kyle Redmond got the AMA EnduroCross series off to a healthy start while Andrew DeLong and Fred Andrews Racing (FAR) gave Husqvarna a historic return to the podium in the AMA National Enduro Series.
Cory Graffunderand Kyle Redmond got their AMA EnduroCross season started on the right foot. Both factory Husqvarna riders got their TXC310s into the main event, and recorded respectable finishes at the 2012 series opener.
The FMF/Stillwell Performance-backed Husqvarna TXC310s proved to be holeshotting machines in Las Vegas, as evidenced by the "Red Thunder" duo pulling several holeshots throughout the evening.
"I knew that the bikes were good," Graffunder explained. "In our heat race, I came into the first corner in the lead and thought it was pretty cool, then I looked over and Kyle was right next to me and pulling. The 310 is the bike for this series, and I know that we are going to continue to get great starts."
Unfortunately, both riders were promptly taken out in the second turn, relegating them both to the semi rounds. Redmond won his semi, and Graffunder qualified by the skin of his teeth with a second-place finish in the LCQ.
"It really felt good to get out and win the Semi," Redmond commented. "The bike worked great, and getting the win in the Semi was a big confidence builder."
Graffunder had a second-row start in the main event, which actually worked out decently for him. "My mentality was to just make it through the first lap without crashing!" Graffunder said with a laugh.
At the end of 12 laps, Cory crossed the line in seventh after battling with Mike Brown to the end. Redmond finished right behind him in eighth overall. "Last year I didn't make the main at the first round, so it's a better start," Redmond said. "We just started this team and a lot of things came together last minute. But we worked out some bugs today and from here on out it's going to be easier. The race bikes are dialed in, we have everything in place and we're looking forward to the rest of the season, for sure."
Seventh in the main event was good enough to qualify Cory for the Summer X Games. He will now join Kyle in the July event, which will happen at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
Grand National Cross Country: May 13, 2012 - Springville, IN
AMA EnduroCross Series: June 9, 2012 - Sacramento, CA
Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
Husqvarna Motorcycles, a part of the BMW Group since October 2007, are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Varese, Italy since 1987.
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC is part of BMW (US) Holding Corp. BMW Group's sales headquarters for North, Central and South America is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. Husqvarna has continued to expand its professional race team to compete in AMA Enduro, GNCC, Endurocross, National Hare & Hound, the AMA Hare Scrambles Series and WORCS competition. Husqvarna team riders are competing aboard 2012 Husqvarna TC250, TXC250, TXC310 and TXC511 off-road models.
- 18.06.2013 : Justin Jones 2013 Baja 500 Recap - LAND! LAND NOW! | Offroad - Baja 500
- 17.06.2013 : Dixon Sixth, Franchitti Eighth at Milwaukee IndyFest | IndyCar - West Allis, WI
- 17.06.2013 : Another Podium for Cory Graffunder & Husky at Last Dog Standing | Endurocross - Glen Helen, CA
- 14.06.2013 : Home GP Podium for Bud Racing's Dylan Ferrandis in France | Motocross - Ernée, France
- 14.06.2013 : Redline Bicycles Great Salt Lake Nationals Race Report | BMX - Salt Lake City, UT
- 11.06.2013 : Franchitti Sixth, No. 9 Team Encounters Mechanical Problems At Texas | IndyCar - Fort Worth, TX
- 11.06.2013 : Team Husqvarna's Cory Graffunder Celebrates EnduroCross Podium | Endurocross - Sacramento, CA
- 11.06.2013 : First look: Sam Hill’s Pink Team CRC/Nukeproof Pulse and Kit | MTB - Auction
- 10.06.2013 : Top Ten Finish for Benoit Paturel in France | European MX2 Grand Prix of France
- 09.06.2013 : Highs and Lows for Troy Lee Designs at High Point Raceway | AMA Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA